Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
Are you looking for a way to connect with children while helping them to learn & develop? Are you interested in gaining a detailed understanding of how to support learning & development in school and colleges? This teaching assistant level 2 course is great for those who wish to know more about the vital role teaching assistants play within the classroom. Take a step toward building a magnificent career in the sector which has seen a rapid rise in demand over the recent years!
This Teaching Assistant Level 2 course is designed to teach the fundamentals required to become a teaching assistant and support the education and growth of children from early stages to teenage years. Throughout this Teaching Assistant Level 2 course, you will demonstrate your perception on how to provide support to the teacher and supervise activities in the classroom and also how to work with children on an individual, small group or whole class basis. Likewise, this Teaching Assistant Level 2 course prepares you to expand your mastery on how to outline a special course curriculum on particular subjects for special students, how to choose course curriculum and course material, and what motivates and encourages pupils to do better. Besides, you will also be able to carry out administrative duties of teachers such as assisting in marking and correcting work, attending meetings, and helping with school events, trips, activities, and many more. In addition, after completing this Teaching Assistant Level 2 course, you will be able to undertake classes on your own, you can cover planned absences of teachers, prepare progress reports of children and also manage support staff.
What will I learn from this Teaching Assistant Level 2 course?
- Overview of the education system in the UK, professional developments & career prospects as a teaching assistant
- Responsibilities, expertise & skills required to be a successful teaching assistant
- Ability to create an ideal learning environment for children with special needs including SEN report writing
- Different EYFS teaching techniques and the importance of early years in child development
- Principle & strategies for transition stages from EYFS (KS1 - KS2) and the ability to teach children reading, writing, vocabulary, spelling etc.
- Numerous aspects of mathematics including counting, addition & subtraction, multiplication & division, graphs and much more
- Teaching science to children (introducing them to different plants, animals, and everyday materials by role-playing & demonstration etc.)
- How to teach geography, history, and other primary subjects like art, design, nutrition, foreign language, exercise etc.
On top of everything, you'll get a free Student ID card by enrolling in this course. This ID card entitles you to discounts on bus tickets, movie tickets, and library cards.
Why should you choose the Teaching Assistant Level 2 course with Academy for Health & Fitness?
• Opportunity to earn a certificate accredited by CPD, CMA & IAO after completing this Teaching Assistant Level 2 course
• Student ID card with amazing discounts — completely for FREE! (£10 postal charges will be applicable for international delivery)
• Globally accepted standard structured lesson planning
• Innovative and engaging contents and activities
• Assessments that measure higher-level thinking and skills
• Complete the Teaching Assistant Level 2 programme in your own time, at your own pace
• Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
Here is the curriculum breakdown of the Teaching Assistant Level 2 course:
***Teaching Assistant Level 2***
Module 01: Fundamentals of Teaching
- Understanding the Development of Children and Young Person
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Pupils and Family
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young Person
Module 02: Teaching Methodologies - Part 1
- Education – A Group Enterprise
- Traits to Develop
- Grow the Attention
- Learning Good Habits
- Importance of Memory
Module 03: Teaching Methodologies - Part 2
- Imagination is Important
- Breakdown of Thinking Process
- Appreciation – An Aesthetic Emotion
- Learning Reflexive Activities
- Differing Individuals
Module 04: Teaching Methodologies - Part 3
- Morality Matters
- Different Learning Methods
- Different Psychological Exercises
- Problems, Situations & Solutions
- Measuring the Achievements
Module 05: SEN Teaching
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher
- Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN
- Principles and Practice of Leadership in Different Contexts
- How SEN and Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning?
- Strategies for Improving the Performance of the Pupils with SEN
Module 06: SENCO Training
- Whole-school Planning and Organisation
- Teamwork for SEN: Roles and Functions
- Planning for Individual Students with SEN
- Teaching and Learning in the Inclusive School
Module 07: Autism
- Introduction to Autism
- Causes and Diagnosis of Autism
- Other Conditions Associated with ASD
- In-depth Understanding and Dealing with Autistic Behaviour
- Socialising and Communication
- Choosing Schools
- What Should Teachers Do?
- Sex Education and Puberty
- Interventions: Treatments and Therapies for Autism
- Government policies on autism in England
Module 08: ADHD
- What is ADHD?
- Causes of ADHD
- Diagnosing ADHD
- Treating ADHD
- ADHD and Education
- Reasonable Adjustments: ADHD
- Adults with ADHD
Module 09: Dyslexia
- What is Dyslexia?
- Identifying Dyslexia
- Co-occurring Conditions
- Diagnosing Dyslexia
- Creating Dyslexia Friendly Environment
- Solutions for Dyslexia
Once you have completed all the modules in the KS1 and KS2 Teaching Assistant course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment. You will then receive instant results to let you know if you have successfully passed the Teaching Assistant Level 2 course.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
The learners have to successfully complete the assessment of this Teaching Assistant Level 2 course to achieve the CPD, CMA & IAOaccredited certificate. Digital certificates can be ordered for only £10. The learner can purchase printed hard copies inside the UK for £29, and international students can purchase printed hard copies for £39.
Who is this course for?
Is this KS1 and KS2 Teaching Assistant- Complete Bundle right course for you?
If you are considering your options to become a teacher and help children learn in a healthy & fun environment, then this is the perfect course for you. Recent graduates will find this course perfect for gaining professional expertise as a teaching assistant.
Enrol on the KS1 and KS2 Teaching Assistant- Complete Bundle course with no formal entry requirements! If you have a passion for knowledge and want to learn something new, register on the Teaching Assistant Level 2 without any delay.
We only ask that all students have a passion for learning and literacy, and be over the age of 16.
Complete theKS1 and KS2 Teaching Assistant- Complete Bundle course online from your computer, tablet, or smartphone, and learn in a way that suits you.
Enrolling on this Teaching Assistant Level 2 course can lead you to the following career path:
- Teacher (Nursery/Early Years)
- Education Administrator
- Higher Education Administrator
- Academic Librarian
- Classroom Assistant
- Classroom Development Coach
- Learning Support Assistant
- EYFS/SEN Teaching Assistant
And many more!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.