Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to eduCBA’s Kali Linux Training. Kali Linux, previously known as Backtrack was founded in 2006. It became famous with Backtrack 5, the most popular pentesting live CD. Later, it was relaunched with Kali Linux 1.0, and now officially as Kali Linux 2.0 Sana in 2015 with even GNOME 3 user interface. Kali Linux is developed and maintained by Offensive security pvt.Ltd.
Kali Linux is one of the most leading distros in the world of Penetration testing. Penetration testing or Pentesting or more often Known as Ethical Hacking (much wider term than Pentesting however) is a test done in a practical environment to test the reliability and security of systems in non-ordinary situations. Kali Linux, previously known as Backtrack is based on Debian which is extremely famous for its Security and stability. There are lots of other operating systems like the Arch Linux in which you can build everything from source, or other ready-made operating systems like the parrot OS, Black Arch or even the BackBox. But the reason I prefer Kali Linux is because it is extremely portable, highly secure and is specifically hand-made for the sole purpose of attacking and penetrating other operating systems.
Objectives of Kali Linux Training
- The Primary objective of the Kali Linux Training is to make you aware of the hazards of malicious activities perforated by the Black-hat hackers.
- This Kali Linux Training will give you in-depth knowledge about how actual hacking is done, and how to test an environment and its reliability which people term as highly secure.
- However, this Kali Linux Training is not foolproof and will have its own course of action, where you may need to go out of the way to achieve a few things like breaking into or D’DOSing(Distributed Denial of Service Attacks)your own infrastructure to test its robustness and it may damage your hardware.
- These Kali Linux Training is intended to make you a successful penetration tester but not overnight.
- You may need to repeat things a bit, change some pieces of code here and there to make sure they work, or even change a whole code since the chances of me exploiting zero day vulnerabilities are extremely less here.
- Depending upon the updates of the Kali source repositories, some applications may not be available in the default Kali Linux package since they get deprecated and discarded if they are of no use.
- You may need to install an older version of the package or install the application by adding its repository but it would be at your own risk, since these packages if discarded are not updated by Kali Linux builders and developers and may have their own vulnerabilities.
1. What is Ethical hacking and Penetration testing
2. Installation and Configuration
3. Footprinting and Reconnaissance
4. Phishing Attacks
5. Social Engineering and information Gathering
6. Social Engineering and information Gathering
7. Trojans and Backdoors
8. Meterpreter Commands
9. DNS Spoofing
10. ICMP Redirection
11. Denial of Service Attack
12. Hacking Android
13. Password Cracking
14. Wireless Hacking
17. SQL injection
19. Metasploit Database
Advantages of this Kali Linux Training:
Speaking conclusively, this Kali Linux Training can be learn by any person who wants to secure his surrounding from malicious black hat hackers. We face everyday threats like when we login to Public Wi-Fi in a McDonalds or Starbucks nearby. Knowing how to work with Kali Linux will prove efficient to securing your network from people trying to sniff out packets, cookies and even attacks like DNS cache poisoning, ARP poisoning and other MITM attacks. This Kali Linux Training covers the following topics which are not only useful for a person using regular computer on a daily basis, but also to a professional security engineer or Ethical Hacker and even just a Desktop and Network Administrator:
- Tracking DNS and other IP address and network information using tools like Nmap, Dnsmap, Dnsenum and other similar tools.
- Preventing Website Account hacks through learning Social Engineering Toolkit provided as is in the Kali Linux package. Social Engineering Toolkit contains Spear Phishing attacks, Java Applet based attacks, creating fake websites and Mass mailing.
- Developing Malwares for Android devices which support Android 2.3 gingerbread to Android 5.0 lollipop. These malwares can be remotely controlled via any Kali Linux based laptop or Android Net-Hunter device through the Metasploit handler tools.
- Developing Malwares, Trojans and Persistent backdoors an tunneling them to our handlers via the Rapid7 Metasploit and Armitage package.
- Learning the Methods of DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service Attacks). Learning how DDOS occurs can help you identify the weakness in the network infrastructure. DDOSing can not only be done on just Website servers, but also on LAN and Wi-fi based networks.
These tools help you not only to protect your surrounding environment and infrastructure, but also to track down malicious networks and disable them which try to penetrate your network. This course can help you test the security of your network and enhance them and make them robust. When BlackHats attack, there is no guarantee that you are 100% secure. There are always potholes in the system; be it either Social Hijacking or Bad network implementation. Kali Linux helps to build a stronger environment, which not only helps to strengthen the organisation but also with its forensics tools, one can even trace the almost exact reason and the source of the hack! Kali Linux can be used in large corporate companies, Internet Service providers and even your own home networks. Kali Linux is the preferred choice of BlackHat, Grey Hat and the White hat Hackers as well.
Who is this course for?
- There is no specific pre-requisite to learning this course.
- Over time, I have seen even a 10th-grade child to be working on Kali Linux and developing his own exploits and root-kits.
- However one must know how to work around systems and must be wise enough to understand the difference between a problem and a work-around problem.
- Knowing to operate on a virtual machine would prove fruitful, whereas having altogether 2 systems would prove wiser otherwise.
One must at least know the basics of networking and the fundamentals of TCP/IP. Besides, one may have an upper hand in understanding the Kali Linux Training if he has some knowledge in the following:-
- HTML and CSS (would be required when modifying website source html files)
- Working with Terminals and Command lines
- Scripting in bash using Shell and batch files
- Basics in either Python, C or Java
However, none of the above are the pre-requisites and a person knowing only how to install operating systems and a tendency to solve problems can also become a master in Kali Linux Training.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.