Add to basket or enquire
Embark on an exhilarating journey into the world of journalism, where words hold the power to inform, inspire, and ignite change. Have you ever felt frustrated by the lack of integrity and ethics in journalism? Are you eager to uncover the secrets of responsible reporting while honing your storytelling skills? Look no further! Journalism: Ethics and Principles is the gateway to a world where truth and accountability are paramount. With each word you write and each story you tell, you have the opportunity to shape public opinion, challenge the status quo, and make a difference.
In this comprehensive course, you'll explore the rich tapestry of journalism. From the fascinating history and development of this noble profession to the art of conducting compelling interviews that captivate audiences, you'll unravel the secrets of the trade. Dive into the realms of newspaper, television, radio, online, and niche journalism, honing your skills in news writing, production, and reporting. Gain a deep understanding of the legal frameworks that govern journalism, safeguarding your work and protecting your sources. Immerse yourself in the world of ethics, ensuring your reporting upholds the highest standards of integrity. Discover the essential health and safety practises that safeguard journalists in diverse environments. Whether your passion lies in investigative reporting, feature writing, or digital storytelling, this course equips you with the knowledge to excel in the ever-evolving field of journalism.
Join us on this transformative journey! Your voice matters, and the world is waiting for your stories. Take action today and be the change you wish to see!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply ethical principles in journalistic practise, ensuring integrity and accuracy in reporting.
- Conduct effective interviews using professional questioning techniques and active listening skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in various forms of journalism, including newspaper, television, radio, online, and niche journalism.
- Employ proper news writing and reporting techniques to produce compelling and informative stories.
- Understand the legal frameworks governing journalism, including defamation and journalism law.
- Analyse media regulatory bodies and their role in upholding journalistic standards.
- Develop strong writing skills specific to journalism, including concise and engaging storytelling.
- Uphold health and safety practises for journalists in various reporting environments.
This comprehensive course delves into the ethics, principles, and essential skills needed to thrive in the field of journalism. Explore the history and development of journalism, from traditional print media to the digital age. Learn the art of conducting compelling interviews, honing your questioning techniques and active listening skills. Gain knowledge in various forms of journalism, including newspaper, television, radio, online, and niche journalism. Master the craft of news writing and reporting, delivering accurate and captivating stories to diverse audiences. Understand the legal landscape that surrounds journalism, including defamation and the fundamental principles of journalism law. Navigate the intricacies of media regulatory bodies and their role in maintaining journalistic standards. Hone your writing skills to produce concise, engaging, and impactful content. Lastly, prioritise your safety as a journalist with insights into health and safety practises in different reporting environments.
- Module 01: Introduction and Principles of Journalism
- Module 02: History and Development of Journalism
- Module 03: Interviewing
- Module 04: Newspaper Journalism
- Module 05: News Writing, Production and Reporting
- Module 06: Television Journalism
- Module 07: Radio Journalism
- Module 08: Media Regulatory Bodies
- Module 09: Writing Skills for Journalists
- Module 10: Journalism law
- Module 11: Defamation
- Module 12: Journalism Ethics
- Module 13: Health and Safety for Journalists
- Module 14: Niche Journalism
- Module 15: Tips on Writing a Good Feature Story
- Module 16: Online and Freelance Journalism
- Module 17: Becoming a Journalist
Who is this course for?
- Aspiring journalists seeking to build a strong foundation in ethical journalism practices.
- Communication and media students or graduates interested in pursuing a career in journalism.
- Professionals in related fields looking to expand their knowledge and skills in journalism principles and ethics.
- Individuals with a passion for storytelling and a desire to make a difference through accurate and impactful reporting.
- Freelance writers or bloggers aiming to enhance their understanding of journalistic techniques and standards
This Journalism: Ethics and Principles course has no set requirements for learning. All you need is a smart device, a reliable internet connection, and a basic command of English and you're good to go!
After completing this course, here are a few careers you can opt for:
- Journalist (£25,000-£45,000)
- News Editor (£30,000-£50,000)
- Broadcast Journalist (£20,000-£45,000)
- Online Journalist (£25,000-£40,000)
- Features Writer (£20,000-£45,000)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
After successfully completing this Journalism: Ethics and Principles course, you will qualify for the CPD QS -certified certificate. The PDF Certificate will be completely free.
Certificate of completion
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
The hardcopy certificate for this Journalism: Ethics and Principles course can be received by paying £9.99, for students living inside the UK. For international orders, the total fee is £14.99 (£9.99 Certification Fee + £5 postal charge).
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.