Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Location & dates
This one day programme is a more specific study on specific areas of our work life where our working time can be much more effectively controlled and utilised.
Prior to attendance, each participant is requested to complete a daily Time Log for five days over a two week period – i.e. Monday, Wednesday & Friday of week one and Tuesday & Thursday of week two. A copy of their time log should be sent to the Course Facilitator at least seven working days before the course. A template for the time log will be provided by Cosensa Learning & Development.
Introduction and course objectives: Using their completed time logs participants will analyse how their use of time contributes to their job role/objectives. The Facilitator will provide relevant examples to the participants of how they can better use their time more effectively.
- Using the Covey system, the Facilitator will assist participants to identify their long-term (Six months); medium term (One month) and short-term (daily priorities). The participants will use their current workloads for these exercises.
- Practical guidance on how to deal with conflicting and changing priorities.
Practical tools for dealing with:
- Emails and paperwork
- Personal work space.
- Understanding how assertiveness contributes to effective time management
- Using case-studies, participants will identify how assertive communication produces a better outcome for them and their organisation.
- Assertive tools for saying 'no' to jobs that aren't yours, negotiating on deadlines and using delegation as a time management tool.
Getting the best from meetings
- How to plan, conduct and follow-up a time-efficient meeting.
- Participants will be asked to compile a list of actions from the course which they will personally commit to undertake.
Three months from the completion of the course, we would recommend a 1-1 follow-up session between the Course Facilitator and each participant (normally one hour). These 1-1 sessions provide an opportunity to reinforce new behaviours and provide coaching/assistance in areas which participants may still be finding problematic.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideally suited to anyone who wishes to become more diligent in dealing with how their own working time is spent. It will be of particular benefot to busy managers and executives who spend a considerable amount of time dealing with staff issues but also have a heavy administrative workload.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this provider. Be the first to leave a review.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.