Add to basket or enquire
The ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis (OSA) course is designed to enable individuals to improve operational support and analysis through every day operations of IT services and to ensure the organisation can offer high quality IT services to meet their requirements. It is one of the certificates in the ITIL scheme. The course is comprehensive and learners will acquire knowledge on how to implement ITIL processes and enhance services to customers. It is a practical course based on best practice guidance and will enable learners to gain knowledge in issues related to people, procedures, relationships and infrastructure technology.
The ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis course introduces learners to operational support and analysis and service operation processes. Learners will gain insight into event, request, incident and application management.
The ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis course provides individuals a structured guide to ensure an organisation can develop and implement integrated, best practice processes. The Service Operation module is worth 4 credits to achieve the minimum of 17 credits required before reaching the final step of the ITIL Expert Level. The course is globally recognised and accredited to a training organisation and learners will be issued an internationally recognised qualification following full completion of the ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis course.
- Gain an understanding of how OSA brings to the organisation in supporting the service lifecycle.
- Focus on incident management and restoring operations back to normal aligned with agreed service levels.
- Learn how to manage request for services ensuring there is quick and effective access which organisational staff can use to improve productivity.
- Understand access management to grant authorised users to be able to use a service that is significant to the management within an IT infrastructure.
- Learn the principles and purposes of service operation.
Module 01: Course Introduction – Vo
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
Module 02: Introduction To Operational Support And Analysis
- Service Operation
- Principles Of Osa
- Osa Summary
Module 03: Service Operation Processes
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Operational Activities Of Other Lifecycle Processes
- Service Operation Processes Summary
Module 04: Osa Common Activities
- Common Activities
- Osa's Common Activities
- Common Activities Summary
Module 05: Service Operation Functions
- Service Desk Function
- Technical Management Function
- It Operations Management
- Application Management Function
- Service Operation Functions Summary
Module 06: Organize And Implement – Vo
- Organizational Structures
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing Osa
- Organize & Implement Summary
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
Please Note: This course is not included the official exam
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis.
The certificate will be awarded by Axelos. This is a globally recognised best practice qualification that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Who is this course for?
- The course is aimed at IT Operations Manager.
- Database Administrator
- Availability Manager
- Problem Manager
- Individuals working in roles within service based business models who want to enhance their knowledge of concepts, functions and processes related to service operation.
- The course requires that learners have an understanding of the ITIL Foundation course.
- IT Operations Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,428)
- IT Security Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £50,473)
- Database Administrator – (average UK yearly salary: £29,960)
- Configuration Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £37,654)
- IT Project Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £42,289)
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.