The ITIL Intermediate – Service Transition course will give individuals an understanding on the introduction, deployment and transfer of new and changed services and how consistently well managed it is. The effective and successful service transition depends on the application of Change Management, risk, management, quality assurance and program and project management. Service transition is aligned with service operation and does not abruptly end when changed services go live. The course is comprehensive and will focus on the transition aspect of IT services within an IT service cycle.
The ITIL Intermediate – Service Transition course will discuss and teach individuals how to plan and manage the move created during the Service Strategy and Service Design stage. Learners will gain additional guidance and techniques to organise and manage the transition and cover the challenges and risks in management of technology.
The objective of the Service Transition course will give learners the skills to manage the change. Learn techniques to help better understand changes to IT services aligned with the expectations of users and business strategy. Services transition enables users to manage changes flexibly and make improvements to services. The Service Transition module is worth 3 credits and learners must go onto achieve the minimum of 17 credits required before reaching the final step of ITIL Expert Level. The course is globally recognised and accredited to a training organisation and you will be issued an internationally recognised qualification following full completion of the ITIL Intermediate – Service Transition course.
- Gain an understanding of the introduction to service transition
- Learn about the service strategy processes.
- Understand how to organise for service transition functions.
- Learn about the service transition principles.
- Gain an understanding of service transition techniques and methods.
- Understand the critical success factors, risks and challenges to transition.
- Learn about technology considerations.
Module 01: Course Introduction – Vo
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
Module 02: Service Transition
- Introduction To Service Transition
- Principles Of Service Transition
- Service Transition Summary
Module 03: Service Transition Processes
- Planning & Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Validation & Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
Module 04: Common Service Transition Activities
- Common Activities
- Common Activities Summary
Module 05: Structure, Technology, And Implementation – Vo
- Organizing Service Transition
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing Service Transition
- Structure, Technology & Implementation Summary
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
Please Note: This course is not included the official exam
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in ITIL Intermediate – Service Transition.
The certificate will be awarded by Axelos. This is a globally recognised best practice qualification that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Who is this course for?
- The course is suitable for individuals working in IT Management.
- Configuration Manager
- Service Level Managers.
- IT Security Manager.
- Change Manager.
- Individuals working in roles within service based business models who want to enhance their knowledge of concepts, functions and processes related to service operation.
- The course requires that learners have an understanding of the ITIL Foundation course.
- IT Operations Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,428)
- IT Security Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £50,473)
- Business Continuity Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,959)
- IT Team Leader – (average UK yearly salary: £35,710)
- IT Architect – (average UK yearly salary: £59,270)
- Configuration Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £37,654)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.