The ITIL Intermediate – Service Design course focuses on the design aspect of IT services. It is one of the certificates of the ITIL Service Lifecycle. It is a comprehensive course that will give learners practical guidance on the core concepts and management principles required to design new IT services or modify the existing services. The SD module focuses on holistic design requirements which are related to people and processes, technology and governance.
The ITIL Intermediate – Service Design course will discuss the processes, policies, architecture and documentation to enable individuals to apply design services required to meet the needs of the programme or organisation. Learners will gain an understanding of key roles and organisational capabilities of Service Design.
Service Design is no limited in scope. It is related to new services and includes the improvements and changes necessary to maintain or increase value to customers in the lifecycle of services. The Service Design module is worth 3 credits and learners must go onto achieve the minimum of 17 credits required before reaching the final step of ITIL Expert Level. The course is globally recognised and accredited to a training organisation and you will be issued an internationally recognised qualification following full completion of the ITIL Intermediate – Service Design course.
- Gain an understanding of service design.
- Learn about the service design processes.
- Understand how to organise for service design functions.
- Learn about the service design principles.
- Gain an understanding of the common service design activities.
- Understand the relationship between service, application, data architecture and infrastructure.
Module 01: Course Introduction – Vo
- Course Introduction
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
Module 02: Service Design
- Introduction To Service Design
- Service Design Principles
- Service Design Summary
Module 03: Service Design Activities
- Introduction To Design Activities
- 5 Aspects Of Service Design
- Subsequent Design Activities
- Service Design Activities Summary
Module 04: Service Design Processes
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- It Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Design Processes Summary
Module 05: Technology, Organization, And Implementation – Vo
- Technology-Related Activities
- Organizing For Service Design
- Implementing Service Design
- Technology, Organization & Implementation Summary
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
Please Note: This course is not included the official exam
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in ITIL Intermediate – Service Design.
The certificate will be awarded by Axelos. This is a globally recognised best practice qualification that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Who is this course for?
- The course is suitable for Capacity Manager.
- Service Level Manager.
- Business Continuity Manager.
- Service Portfolio Manager.
- Individuals working in roles within service based business models who want to enhance their knowledge of concepts, functions and processes related to service operation.
- The course requires that learners have an understanding of the ITIL Foundation course.
- IT Operations Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,428)
- IT Security Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £50,473)
- Business Continuity Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,959)
- Release Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £39,663
- Service Portfolio Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £55,043)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.