Add to basket or enquire
ITIL® Intermediate : Service Operation (SO)
If learners have completed the ITIL Foundation course they can move to the intermediate level of the ITIL lifecycle. The main objective of ITIL SO is to ensure efficient and effective delivery of IT services to meet the satisfaction of customers. There are various tasks addressed in the Service Operation process. This involves servicing user requests, performing routine operational tasks and efficient fixing of service failures.
The ITIL – Intermediate Service Operation certification course will give learners an in-depth understanding of the purpose of service operation and the value within the organisation. Individuals will learn how to review service operation activities and how it interacts with other stages of the lifecycle.
The ITIL SO certificate contributes 3 credits towards the ITIL Expert certification which requires a total of 17 credits. It is a globally recognised qualification and will give learners an internationally recognised certificate that will enable them to move forward in their employment in an IT enterprise.
What Will I Learn?
- Gain an understanding of service operation.
- Learn about service operation processes.
- Understand how to organise for service operation functions.
- Learn how to implement service operation.
- Learn the principles and purposes of service operation.
Course Curriculum : ITIL® Intermediate : Service Operation (SO)
Module 01: Course Introduction – Vo
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
Module 02: It Service Lifecycle Service Operation
- Introduction To Service Operation
- Principles Of Service Operation
- Service Operation Summary
Module 03: Service Operation Processes
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Lesson: Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Operational Activities Of Other Lifecycle Processes
- Service Operation Processes Summary
Module 04: Common Service Operation Activities
- Common Activities
- Common Activities Summary
Module 05: Service Operation Functions
- Service Desk Function
- Technical Management Function
- Application Management Function
- It Operations Management
- Service Operation Functions Summary
Module 06: Technical Considerations – Vo
- Service Operation Organizational Structures
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing Service Operation
- Service Operation Considerations Summary
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
Method of Assessment
Please Note: This course is not included the official exam
The ITIL® certification scheme provides a modular approach to the ITIL framework, and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL best practice to various degrees of depth and detail.
The tiered structure of the qualification offers candidates flexibility relating to the different disciplines and areas of ITIL and the ability to focus their studies on key areas of interest.
The certificate will be awarded by Axelos. This is a globally recognised best practice qualification that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Who is this course for?
- The course is aimed at Security Managers and Security Administrators.
- Service Desk.
- IT Planners.
- Network Support.
- Individuals working in roles within service based business models who want to enhance their knowledge of concepts, functions and processes related to service operation.
- The course requires that learners have an understanding of the ITIL Foundation course.
- IT Operations Manager (average UK yearly salary: £46,144)
- IT Security Manager (average UK yearly salary: £51,234)
- Database Administrator (average UK yearly salary: £30,589)
- Release Manager (average UK yearly salary: £40,401)
- IT Project Manager (average UK yearly salary: £42,549)
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do you issue a certificate on completion of the course ?
Dear Del, Thank you for your query. Please note that upon successful completion of the ITIL® Intermediate: Service Operation (SO) course students will be issued a certificate. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.