Add to basket or enquire
The ITIL Intermediate: Planning, Protection & Optimisation course will teach individuals how to master the ITIL key processes that are required within an organisation to create a stable IT infrastructure. It is a comprehensive course that focuses on the practical application of PPO practice to enable IT service continuity, capacity, availability and information security. Individuals will gain in-depth knowledge on the application of ITIL concepts, organisational roles, structure, process activities and functions related to processes within an IT enterprise. The course will give focus to ensure user requirements are met through new and updated technology and services. The key objective of the course is to apply service management as a practice and create business value.
The ITIL Intermediate: Planning, Protection & Optimisation course will discuss PPO in the context of service life-cycle, service design basics and service optimisation.
The ITIL Intermediate: Planning, Protection & Optimisation course will give learners the skills and knowledge of the key processes and its associated roles, functions, responsibilities, risks and critical success factors. The PPO course is worth 4 credits with learners having to achieve a minimum of 17 credits required before the final step of ITIL Expert Level. The course is globally recognised and accredited to a training organisation and you will be issued an internationally recognised qualification following full completion of the ITIL Intermediate: Planning, Protection & Optimisation course.
- Gain an understanding of the PPO process and plan activities accordingly.
- Understand capacity management and ensure that costs are justifiable in the capacity and are matched to the needs of the organisation.
- Learn about availability management and how the level of service availability is matched or exceed the organisational requirements.
- Learn IT service continuity management and how it aligns IT and business security.
- Understand the role of design coordination within PPO.
Module 01: Course Introduction – Vo
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
Module 02: Planning, Protection, And Optimization
- Introduction To Planning, Protection & Optimization
- Ppo Summary
Module 03: Ppo Processes
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- It Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Ppo Processes Summary
Module 04: Organize And Implement – Vo
- Organize For Ppo
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing Ppo
- Organization & Implement Summary
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
Please Note: This course is not included the official exam
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in ITIL Intermediate: Planning, Protection & Optimisation.
The certificate will be awarded by Axelos. This is a globally recognised best practice qualification that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Who is this course for?
- The course is aimed at Security Managers and Security Administrators.
- Change Manager
- Application Support / Network Support
- Availability Manager
- Individuals working in roles within service based business models who want to enhance their knowledge of concepts, functions and processes related to service operation.
- The course requires that learners have an understanding of the ITIL Foundation course.
- IT Operations Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,537)
- IT Security Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £50,473)
- Business Continuity Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,657)
- Release Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £39,663)
- Service Portfolio Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £55,284)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.