SPOCE Project Management
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Location & dates
About the Course This ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management three day course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services.
• IT Managers or Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, implementation and ongoing delivery of business-used IT services.
• Service Management as a practice
• The concept of good practice
• The concept of a service & Service Management
• Define processes, roles and functions.
The Service Lifecycle
• Understand the Service Lifecycle and its key concepts
• Understand the business value of the phases.
Key concepts and definitions
• Understanding the key terminology, the key concepts of Service Management, key principles and models.
• What is Service Strategy?
• Understand the goals & objectives of Service Strategy
• Understand the 4 main activities of Service Strategy
• Basic overview of value creation through services
• Overview 3 Service Strategy processes.
• Importance of people, processes, products & partners
• Understand the five major aspects of Service Design
• Understand the different sourcing approaches
• Overview of the 7 Service Design processes.
• Explain the Service V model
• Overview of Service Transition processes.
• IT Service versus technology components
• Quality of Service versus cost of service
• Reactive versus proactive
• Overview of the Service Transition processes
• Objectives of Continual Service Improvement
• The 7 step improvement process.
• The Service Desk; Technical Management
• Application Mgmt; IT Operations Mgmt.
• Process owner; Service Owner; RACI model in determining organisational structure
Technology and Architecture
To give delegates the grounding in ITIL Service Management and the first step into the ITIL qualifications framework. Enables all staff working within an IT environment to appreciate the structure to Information Technology Service Management.
Foundation: 60 mins, closed-book. 40 multiple-choice questions. Required pass mark 65% (26/40).
Passing the exam will give you an internationally recognised professional qualification, and is a pre-requisite for further courses and study in ITIL..
Who is this course for?
Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who want to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted ITIL.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.