Add to basket or enquire
IT Security Fundamentals Training
- Verifiable CERTIFICATION
- Practical SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- Accelerate YOUR CAREER
- Lifetime Access 24*7 Unlimited Access
- Access through any device
- Technical support
- Mobile App Access
The modernization and revolution in the commercial world have introduced Information Technology as a part and parcel of the entire process of the business. The more advanced the technology, the more is the efficiency and productivity of the business. IT security course works like a bloodline that connects the entire departments altogether for better and synchronized workflow.
With the incorporation of Information Technology in the business world, the information is stored on the servers. Due to various malpractices like damage or theft by miscreants, it disrupts the workflow. That is why Information Technology Security (IT security) is one of the main concerns of the corporate world to save their confidential data from the cyber thieves.
IT Security course is the practice, the organization adopts that comprises of standards, policies, implementation of various technologies and management policies to keep the classified information safe and secure from the external threats.
IT Security Fundamentals Training
What is the company’s valuable information?
The value of a company is in its data that are stored and protected. The gathering of information is well regulated by governing authorities and needs to be protected well enough. It can be:
- Information regarding new product designs, patent applications, drawings, strategies, etc.
- Information about the financial segment of the business like records, assessment reports, etc.
- Information about the consumers.
Why IT security?
In this era of advanced technology almost all organizations are adopting and depending on the information technology as they grow and flourish and in this age, information is the most valuable thing. This is why the organizations are very concerned about the security of their information. Cybercrime and terrorism can create havoc if they gain access to the sensitive information.
The value of the business depends on the value of the stored information. This is the reason why an organization must have proper control of it. An efficient security system is a proper framework that assesses the risk-prone segments and the loopholes which can be the gateway to the cyber mischief.
About the Security Fundamentals course
The online IT security course on fundamentals of the IT security is aptly designed by expert professional and segregated into distinct sections so that the learner can absorb the knowledge to the highest degree.
- Section 1
Section 1 introduces the learner about the basic of IT security and its necessity in the organization. This part will vividly discuss what an IT security stands for and where it is implemented to make sure the important information is safe within the walls.
- Section 2
This section of the IT security online curriculum imparts the knowledge of defense, the IT security measure adopts. Layered security is the term quoted from the military defense where an intruder exhausts its resources just by encountering the multiple layers of securities implemented to protect the system. This layered security stops rapid penetration. This measure has multiple faces which are implemented like policies, user training, authorized access, and others. This tactic of multiple security layers slows down the attacks and the system can buy some time to recover itself from the intrusion.
The second part of this section deals with the knowledge about domains in the security system. The domains are applications that allow authenticated users to enter and use the sensitive data and that also for a particular time period. These applications are nothing but authentication and authorization managing part of the security system.
- Section 3
The third section deals with all types of securities incorporated in the IT security system to stop external or internal threats.
- Server security deals with the measures taken to protect the server where the data is stored and can be accessed by physical or virtual methods. An apt server security measure can prevent malicious attacks and does not hamper the performance of the servers.
- Database security is the measure where the database is protected and secured from threats with the help of a multitude of processes and tools.
- Web and Internet Security deal with the security of the websites, applications, and services used by the organization.
- LAN security deals with the threats that emerge in the local area network like unauthorized access from any device connected with the network.
- Role of cloud applications and computing in an organization will be taught in this segment.
Other than the varieties of securities the third section deals with the standards and certifications given by the regulatory bodies. The certifications work like a label for an organization which can be trusted by customers or business partners. The security mark also enhances the brand image of the organization.
Please find the below curriculum of the courses:
- Video Name: Introduction to IT Security
Section: IT Security Basics
- Video Name: IT Security Layers and What Is IT Security
- Video Name: General Introduction For Domains
Section: Various Security and Standards
- Video Name: Threats and Server Security
- Video Name: Database Security
- Video Name: Web And Internet Security
- Video Name: LAN Security
- Video Name: Cloud Computing
- Video Name: IT Security Standards And Certifications‚ ISO 27001
Who is this course for?
The security fundamentals training is best for the IT professionals who are in this domain. To gain more knowledge about this particular field the course is the best medium. In fact, anyone who is interested to know about the security measures implemented in the Information Technology sector can go through this online course for enlightenment.
Other than a computer with good internet connection, a learner needs enthusiasm and zeal to know. If the learner is previously introduced with the basics of computer and Concepts of Information Technology then he or she will understand the security concepts easily.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.