Online Business School
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Undergraduate Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma
The Undergraduate Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma offers the ideal platform to further your IT skills and other specialist knowledge. This qualification is for you if you are seeking to build a career in IT and Computing or are already working in the field of IT and wish to develop your knowledge and skills.
The course is assignment based and, upon completion, awards students with 240 credits which can be used to apply for a top-up at many major UK universities.
This course is fully online and provides access to 20 modules, 10 for each level, which consist of up to 40 hours of guided learning along with additional optional learning materials such as; recommended exercises, recommended readings and internet resources as well as self-testing exercises.
Once you enrol with Online Business School, you will receive a ‘Student Pack’ containing the following:
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE NUS Extra card worth £19.90
- FREE laptop *if fees are paid in full*
- Free CV writing help on completion of the course.
Use code 'reed20' for 20% off your course fees.
This qualification is delivered and assessed fully online. To gain your ATHE Undergraduate Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma Certificate you must complete the following 20 Modules and corresponding assignments:
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Databases
- Requirements Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E- Commerce Applications
- Human Computer Interaction
- IT and Society
- Information Systems Project Management
- Management Information Systems
- Innovative Technologies in Computing
- Computing Research Methods
- Software Development Methodologies
- Computing Project Planning
- Strategic Management Information Systems
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in IT
- Network Design and Management
- Web Based Development
- Cyber Security
- Advanced Databases
Why study with Online Business School
- Accreditation with ATHE, a fully Ofqual approved awarding body
- Original learning material specifically tailored to each course
- Industry expert Tutors available via skype and email
- Completely accessible Learning Portal – available for mobile, tablet and desktop
- Flexible payment options to spread the cost
- Free ‘Student Pack’ upon enrolment
- Top-up application support provided by our experienced student advisors
We offer a range of payment plans and funding options and will work with you to find the right solution for your situation.
Who is this course for?
The Undergraduate Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma will give you a broader perspective of the many areas that IT and Computing covers, from programming and databases to project management and software development. The course is designed to cover multiple aspects of IT and Computing and therefore allow you to select which area to specialise in when it becomes time to top-up. If you are already working in IT, you will have a qualification that builds on your previous experience to demonstrate your commitment to furthering your career.
On completion, you will receive both an ATHE Undergraduate Level 4 Diploma in IT and Computing and an ATHE Undergraduate Level 5 Diploma in IT and Computing, totaling 240 credits.
Entry to level 4
Entry to Level 4 requires a full secondary education, equivalent to completion of A-levels and a minimum age of 18.
Entry to level 5
Requires a student to have completed Level 4 (the first year of a degree) or equivalent, for example HNC.
Upon successful completion of the Online Business School IT and Computing Course and subsequent Degree top-up, you will possess the relevant knowledge and skills required to apply for a career in the IT industry.
Examples of job roles you can enter or progress in with this level of study include:
- Business analyst
- Data analyst
- Database administrator
- Information systems manager
- IT consultant