One of the most valuable roles on a Software Development team is that of a Software Tester – without someone to find the errors in the code, the resulting product would be a liability. This ISTQB Software Tester online course is designed to give you the skills and techniques to ensure that you eradicate all bugs and faults in the developed software and applications, making you an asset to your organisation.
The certification that this course will prepare you for obtaining will help you to secure the Software Tester position you want, as well as helping you to further your existing career in Software Testing and Development. This certification will be an investment in the future of your Software Testing career.
Given how dependent our lives are on IT systems, the Software Development industry is flourishing – and with Software Development, there must be Software Testing. As a Software Tester, you will ensure that any released software or applications will live up to their intended design and provide a high-quality user experience.
During this ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation course, you will gain the skills needed to perform manual and automated tests, check code and understand the processes involved in Software Testing. You will also learn why Software Testing is important and what tools are at your disposal as a Software Tester.
This fully accredited online course ensures that you are fully prepared to pass the official ISTQB (BCS) Certified Tester Foundation exam, which will grant you a certification which will prove your capability as a Software Tester.
What you will get with this course
- 3 months of access to all course materials
- 6 Modules
- Quizzes to test your understanding of the modules
- Practise exam to help prepare you for the official exam
- Downloadable timetable planner, course glossary and syllabus
- Student support from our Student Care team
- Recruitment Package to help you compile your CV
What you will learn
- Methods for ensuring effective testing
- Seven testing principles and how they shape the testing process
- Various test design techniques, including white-box, black-box and experienced-based techniques
- Test tools and how to use them
- Static analysis and testing
ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation
- Course Introduction
Module 1: The Fundamentals
- 1.1 Why is Testing Necessary
- 1.2 What is Testing
- 1.3 Seven Testing Principles
- 1.4 Fundamental Test Process
- 1.5 Psychology of Testing
- 1.6 Code of Ethics
Module 2: The Software Lifecycle
- 2.1 Software Development Models
- 2.2 Test Levels
- 2.3 Test Types
- 2.4 Maintenance Testing
Module 3: Static Testing
- 3.1 Static Techniques
- 3.2 Review Process
- 3.3 Static Analysis By Tools
Module 4: Test Design Techniques
- 4.1 Test Development Process
- 4.2 Categories of Test Design Techniques
- 4.3 Specification-Based Techniques
- 4.4 Structure-Based Techniques
- 4.5 Experience-Based Techniques
- 4.6 Choosing Test Techniques
Module 5: Test Management
- 5.1 Risk and Testing
- 5.2 Test Organisation
- 5.3 Test Planning And Estimation
- 5.4 Test Progress Monitoring And Control
- 5.5 Incident Management
- 5.6 Configuration Management
Module 6: Test Tools
- 6.1 What Is A Test Tool
- 6.2 Test Tools
- 6.3 Introducing a Test Tool Into an Organisation
Who is this course for?
If you have an interest in software development with a focus on software testing, this course is recommended for you.
This ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation course is also a prerequisite to the ISTQB Certified Tester Intermediate course, so if it is your goal to achieve that certification you must have completed this course first.
There are no formal academic requirements for taking this ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation course.
- Software Test Analyst
- Software Test Engineer
- IT Software Tester
- Cloud Software Tester
- Support Tester
- Software Developer
- IT Business Systems Analyst
- IT Technical Specialist
- Software Test Manager
- Software Release Manager
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
is there an exam associated with this course?
Yes the exam follows the syllabus for the ISTQB exam through the BCS. This exam can be sat externally with PearsonVueThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi how much is the fees for automation testing course
Hi, Rajesh This ISTQB Software Tester course covers the fundamental aspects of automation testing. The course fee, as per the ad, is £296. This will provide you with access to the course material for 3 months.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
how many hours long is the course and is it a lifetime course?
Hi Bendo. Thank you for your enquiry. The ISTQB Software Testing Foundation course is 7 Hours long which is spread out over 29 Lessons. You will have 3 months access to the course and can upgrade to 12 Months if you need a longer period of time to study.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.