Add to basket or enquire
Paperback: 278 pages.
Bluetooth Low Energy, or Bluetooth Smart, is Wireless Personal Area networking aimed at smart devices and IoT applications. BLE has been increasingly adopted by application developers and IoT enthusiasts to establish connections between smart devices.
This book initially covers all the required aspects of BLE, before you start working on IoT projects. In the initial stages of the book, you will learn about the basic aspects of Bluetooth Low Energy—such as discovering devices, services, and characteristics—that will be helpful for advanced-level projects. This book will guide you through building hands-on projects using BLE and IoT. These projects include tracking health data, using a mobile App, and making this data available for health practitioners; Indoor navigation; creating beacons using the Raspberry Pi; and warehouse weather Monitoring. This book also covers aspects of Bluetooth 5 (the latest release) and its effect on each of these projects.
By the end of this book, you will have hands-on experience of using Bluetooth Low Energy to integrate with smart devices and IoT projects
What You Will Learn
- Learn about the architecture and IoT uses of BLE, and in which domains it is being used the most
- Set up and learn about various development platforms (Android, iOS, Firebase, Raspberry Pi, Beacons, and GitHub)
- Create an Explorer App (Android/iOS) to diagnose a Fitness Tracker
- Design a Beacon with the Raspberry Pi and write an app to detect the Beacon
- Write a mobile app to periodically poll the BLE tracking sensor
- Compose an app to read data periodically from temperature and humidity sensors
- Explore more applications of BLE with IoT
- Design projects for both Android and iOS mobile platforms
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.