*** This course replaces IOSH Leading Safely
Responsible leaders recognize the importance of safety and health – and can learn its true value in just five hours.
This interactive course is aimed at senior management who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation.
It will provide a complete understanding of health and safety responsibilities for leading safety, the benefits of having a proactive safety system and an understanding of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act.t4Safety have been built using over 40 years of FTSE 100 training and mentoring experience.
Why choose an IOSH Approved First4Safety Online Course?
- Whether you study online or in a classroom, you are studying for the same IOSH certificate.
- First4Safety online training offers you the same health and safety training as classroom-based training, but with greater flexibility and cost efficiency.
- 100% Online including exam, fully supported by IOSH approved trainers.?
- Immediate start, study when you want, and on any device. Stop and pick up where you left when convenient.
- No hidden charges, the IOSH certificate is included in the price.
- Our candidates have a 100% success rate!
- Free exam re-sits with additional tutor support - Ensuring high-quality learning and results.
What is flexible learning?
You have course access for 6 months. During that time you can study whenever is convenient for you. You can dip in and out of the course, use different computers/laptops/tablets etc.
Is this an official course?
Yes. This is an IOSH approved course. At the end of the course the certificate is printed by IOSH.
What if I do not like the course?
Full refund within 3 days of purchase, as long as the course has not been completed.
How long will the course take?
The course is approx 5 hours of study time
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the legal, moral and financial role of Operational Directors, owners of small businesses and Senior Executives, including their responsibilities, liabilities and accountabilities, both personal and organisational.
- Explain the importance of safety and health at the top-management level and how integrating those objectives into other business management objectives can help to minimise risk, reduce losses and make better use of time and resources.
- Illustrate how to plan the direction for safety and health through developing and implementing a safety and health policy, and integrating it into business systems.
- Explain the value of an adequately resourced client safety and health management system, the value and benefits of training at all levels, and when to access competent advice.
- Outline the benefits of good safety and health management systems, the consequences of failure to manage effectively, and how to ensure internal controls are working.
- Describe the importance of reviewing and continually improving management systems, especially following change or failure.
- Explain the positive impact and improvement that an organisation’s leaders can have on its performance through their attitude and support for improving its safety culture.
- Describe the importance of setting key performance indicators and targets, together with performance monitoring and review for continual improvement in safety and health management.
Who is this course for?
Senior Management, Executives, Directors
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.