Add to basket or enquire
This course is not a route to holding a CSCS card
The ‘Managing Safely’ course is for those required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety, helping to standardise their operations.
There are no prerequisite entry requirements for this qualification, however, students will find it helpful to have already achieved an awareness-level qualification to improve their potential end result. The course aims to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
The course is 100% online including the exam which can be taken anytime; questions are comprised of short and multiple choice problems with a workplace assessment completed by the student and uploaded to the eLearning platform.
- Explain ‘working safely’.
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65, BS 8800, and OHSAS 18001.
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved.
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting.
- Describe methods of basic trend and epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring data.
- Define ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’, and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of a quantitative risk assessment technique and the data required for records.
- Describe workplace precaution hierarchies.
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records.
- Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive.
Who is this course for?
Ideal for employees beginning a health & safety career, line managers required to review their departmental systems for safety and learners preparing for further NEBOSH studies.
NEBOSH General Certificate
Did you know?
The IOSH Managing Safely course is the ideal starting point for your Health and Safety career, you will have an underpinning knowledge of the core health and safety subjects; therefore make you better prepared for your NEBOSH studies!
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.