The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) is the number 1 UK institute for supply chain qualifications, available at award (price listed), certificate and diploma.
Their courses are delivered by industry experts who have gained experience within all areas of the supply chain.
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve. The courses are 100% adapted to suit the individual; you can even submit your past experience and use your current role to contribute towards your qualification!
About the course
The IoSCM Level 7 Logistics and Transport Academy is dedicated to helping those within the logistics and transport industry further develop and grow their knowledge and expertise. This level 7 qualification means whether you have previously studied a lower level qualification or have experience working as a senior manager, here at IoSCM we can still develop and teach you valuable topics which you can apply to your career/business.
- Strategic Management Principles - Concepts of strategic management; influences of strategy formation; Porter’s Five Forces; Business and corporate level strategy; feasibility and acceptability; statements, values and objectives; stakeholder analysis and engagement; communication.
- Business Research - Types of research; validity and relevance; research paradigms; research philosophy; literature reviews; research process; structure of report.
- Logistics and Transport Management - Flexible Manufacturing Systems (FMS); Flexible Manufacturing Cells (FMC); special manufacturing processes; CAM layouts; how AMT improves manufacturing; ERP software.
- Ports and Shipping - Evaluating methods of maritime trade; benefits of maritime trade to an organisation; benefits of planning maritime operations; usage and life-span of resources; types of contracts used in the transport of goods; legal issues associated with time charter parties and voyage charter parties.
- Global Procurement in the Supply Chain - Strategic procurement; collaborative procurement; supplier relationship management; procurement principles; supply chain mapping; contract documents; long term strategic sourcing documents; evaluating supplier performance; cost effectiveness; achieving results; risk.
- Manufacturing Production - Components of the production function; design services and organising product development; facilities location; facilities layout; economic order quantity model planning and controlling projects; MRP I; MRP II; the purchasing function; expediting; a standard purchasing system.
- Corporate Finance - Links to business objectives; mergers and acquisitions; appraisal techniques; main methods for valuing; factors of determination; concept of business capital.
- Leadership and Enterprise - What is leadership; what is management; the relationship between leadership style and leadership behaviour; the impact of leadership in an organisation based on leadership theories; Advising on Management and Leadership Skills; evaluations of recommended leadership skills required for a given role in an organisation; the concept of entrepreneurship and its effect upon the business.
- Principles of Marketing - Marketing principles; marketing concepts, marketing mix; marketing planning concepts; analytical marketing tools; the competitive environment.
- Change Management - The use of change management in organisation; actors affecting change management; presenting a proposal; best practice.
- Entrepreneurship in Business - Encouraging entrepreneurship in organisation; how entrepreneurs develop business ideas; detailed business plans; legal, ethical and financial implications; eentrepreneurial skills and characteristics.
- Quality Management - What is quality; the concept of quality management in a business; quality management tools and techniques; embedding quality management into the culture of an organisation; monitoring quality management; controlling quality management; evaluating quality standards that support quality management.
- Import and Export - Characteristics of exporters including role, justification and reasons for export; characteristics of importers, including role, freight forwarders; 3rd Party Role.
“On the whole I found the whole process to be a positive one and would recommend the college to others.”
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve.
IoSCM is dedicated to ensuring you learn what you need to do and don’t waste time studying topics which you already understand, helping you achieve your goals in a less time consuming manner, whilst enhancing your industry expertise.
IoSCM also boasts the best support package on the market, with unlimited access to industry expert tutors, student support team and Course Specialists, plus much more.
Who is this course for?
The IoSCM level 7 Logistics and Transport course is designed for Transport Managers and those in a senior operations role. This course can formalise your hands-on experience, whilst enhancing your expertise in the transport and logistics sector.
There are no previous requirements needed to study this course and IoSCM will evaluate whether this is the right course for you, ensuring you don’t waste valuable time and resources studying the wrong course.
This course is designed to give students the opportunity of progressing in the logistics industry allowing them to further their knowledge and progress within their role.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.