Receive 12 months FREE membership to the Institute of Supply Chain Management when enrolling on an online qualification with us. Contact your Course Advisor today to activate your membership.
Access to of the IOSCM Magazines, newsletters, opportunities to connect with international IOSCM Members. Plus the chance to contribute to real issues from each of the IOSCM sectors.
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) is the number 1 UK institute for supply chain qualifications, available at award (price listed), certificate and diploma.
Their courses are delivered by industry experts who have gained experience within all areas of the supply chain.
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve. The courses are 100% adapted to suit the individual; you can even submit your past experience and use your current role to contribute towards your qualification!
About the course
Guarantee success in your industry with IoSCM. We offer every student much more than just a qualification; we provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional with our unrivalled support network.
As with most supply chain sectors, the roles and responsibilities of those in a Supply Chain Management and Operations position can be varied. IoSCM’s Supply Chain Academy enables those in industry to develop their skills through bespoke distance learning courses.
You can custom build the IoSCM Level 6 supply chain qualification in order to meet your career ambitions, current job specification or objective of your employer.
This qualification is industry recognised across the globe. The IoSCM level 6 supply chain course was designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials that meet National Occupational Standards (NOS). It also guarantees that we’re the best qualifications on the market.
What are National Occupational Standards?
The NOS framework specifies the UK standards of performance that people are expected to achieve in their work, and the knowledge and skills they need to perform effectively which are approved by UK government regulators.
Essentially, meeting the NOS framework means that with IoSCM you will learn exactly what is required in order to be successful in your job role and become a more valued asset than someone completing a more academic based programme.
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE?
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 6 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Supply Chain and Operations.
As well as this, you’ll be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 6 in Supply Chain and Operations from SFEDI Awards, who are the Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation.
What is Ofqual?
Ofqual is the government organisation that regulates qualifications and the organisations which offer them, maintaining standards and therefore confidence in education across England.
Because we’re Ofqual regulated you can be assured that every single qualification we produce is of high-quality, valid and fit for purpose.
WHAT IS THIS QUALIFICATION EQUIVALENT TO?
The IoSCM Level 6 in Supply Chain and Operations is of the same level as a Bachelor degree or graduate certificates and diplomas but studied in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
The Level 6 is recognised and much sought after by employers and businesses. It gives you realistic, industry-specific knowledge and skills that is entirely tailored to you and the sector, giving you the best chance of gaining employment in the supply chain sector.
You can study around your current commitments and still save time and money in comparison to a full time or classroom based course. If you’d like to find out how an IoSCM Level 6 qualification in Supply Chain can be significantly more beneficial to your career, give our expert Course Advisors a call today.
IoSCM Membership included.
This course is available as:
- Assessment based qualification
You can submit prior experience to contribute towards your course.
Assessment based learning.
Supply Chain Management
- Effective Supply Chains
- Meeting Strategic Objectives of an Organisation
- Value of 3PL and 4PL
- Cause of Supply Chain Failures
- Developments in Information Technology
- Internal and External Environment
- Operating a Marketing System
- Financial Documentation
- Change Management Processes
- Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Cash Flow
- Cost vs. Value of Developing a Project
- Financial Analysis and Impact on Short and Long Term Business Plans
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Human Resource Management
- Responsibilities of HRM
- HRM Processes and Practices
- HRM and Performance Management
- Methods of Managing Employment Relationships
- Reward Management
International Freight Management
- Strategic Importance of Creating an International Supply Chain
- Multimodal Freight Movement Operation
- Legislation of the International Movement of Freight
- Alternatives to Moving International Freight
- Strategic Role of Inventories
- Inventory Cost on Business Performance
- Managing Order Levels
- Inventory Control
- Key Requirements of Logistics Management
- Setting up a Logistic Operation
- Benefits of Different Transport Modes
- Methods of Rationalising Logistic Operations
- Technology in Logistics
Management and Leadership
- Process of Management Activities
- Impact of Leadership and Management Techniques
- Risk Management
- Organisational Cultures
- Factors Impacting Time Management
- Managing Operations and People
- Operational Strategy
- Managing People and Change in the Work Place
- Methods of Managing Capacity
- Operational Scheduling and Process Management
- Managing Quality
Ports and Shipping Management
- Shipping and Globalisation
- Value of Operating and Agile Ports
- Resource Requirements
- Containerised Shipping Operation
- Requirement of Product Design and Production Strategy
- Location, Layout and Productivity of Manufacturing
- Forecasting, Planning and Scheduling of Production
- Purchasing and Inventory Management
- Purchasing Environment
- Purchasing Strategy
- IT in the Purchasing Process
- Supplier Assessment and Performance Rating
- Support Tools for the Purchasing Process
- Characteristics of Quality
- Quality Management Systems
- Total Quality Management Systems in an Organisation
- European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence Model
Transport Management Planning
- Transport Planning and Economic Development
- Transport within a Supply Chain Infrastructure
- Methods of Trip Distribution Modelling
- Effective Transport Policy
- International Movement of Freight
- Warehouse Requirements of Business
- Warehouse Layout for Specific Business Needs
- Important Considerations of a Warehouse Location
- Services of 3rdParty Distributors
Who is this course for?
As with most supply chain sectors, the roles and responsibilities of those in a Supply Chain Management and Operations position can be varied. IoSCM’s Supply Chain Academy enables those in industry to develop their skills through bespoke distance learning courses.Anyone looking to gain further knowledge of the supply chain industry. Suitable for those wanting to progress within their current job role or further in the industry.
There are no previous requirements needed to study this course and IoSCM will evaluate whether this is the right course for you, ensuring you don’t waste valuable time and resources studying the wrong course.
This course is designed to give students the opportunity to progress within the supply chain industry allowing them to further their knowledge and progress within their role.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.