The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) is the number 1 UK institute for supply chain qualifications, available at award (price listed), certificate and diploma.
Their courses are delivered by industry experts who have gained experience within all areas of the supply chain.
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve. The courses are 100% adapted to suit the individual; you can even submit your past experience and use your current role to contribute towards your qualification!
About the course
The IoSCM logistics academy is dedicated to helping those within the logistics industry develop and grow their knowledge and expertise. This level 6 qualification means whether you have previously studied a lower level qualification or have experience working as a senior manager.
- Logistics Management - Customer requirements; lead times; cost implications; hub and spoke operations; outsourcing; distribution networks; route optimisation; 3PL and centralisation of activities; RFID and EDI applications.
- Transport Management Planning - Transports linkage to the economy; risks associated with changes to distribution networks; legislation; customs requirements.
- Management and Leadership - Planning of organisation objectives and goals; how an organisation may change or develop specific culture, factors that influence time management.
- Inventory - Quality, speed, dependability, flexibility and cost; Costs of placing; orders; reorder point and re-order level; continuous and periodic review models.
- Operations Management - Operational strategy and how it is required to be designed to meet business strategy; location and layout; materials requirement planning; quality conformance.
- Production Management - Product life cycle; product strategy; product design; facilities layout; forecasting demand; planning production; MRP I; MRP II; the purchasing function.
- Supply Chain Management - Designing a supply chain; drivers of the performance of a supply chain; value to customers; strategic (long term) and operational (medium to short term) planning.
- Finance Management - Interprets assets and liabilities; how a business values and monitors profits vs. cash flow; long term and short term financial planning; mergers and acquisitions.
- Business - The structure of an organisation, factor or free markets, how a business deals with elasticity in demand; scoping and implementation of change.
- Human Resource Management - The role of HRM as a specialist function; human resource planning, performance management systems, turnover and retention of staff, talent management and recruitment methods.
- International Freight Management - Drivers of international freight movement; physical flows and processes required to move products; freight forwarding agencies; strategic warehouse placement.
- Ports and Shipping Management - Global trends and the trade-offs in cost/sourcing; methods utilised in an agile port to link transportation modes; limitations of land use; resilience within the national operation structure of port operations.
- Purchasing Management - Purchasing environment to determine strategy for changes; cost leadership; the tendering process; desk and field research.
- Warehouse Management – The need for warehousing; customer needs; types of warehouse layout; types of logistic operations; review of core competencies against the need for internal/external third party logistics.
- Quality Management - Durability recovery and contrast; resource management; TQM techniques; developing organisational capability;
“I have gone through the course and I have gained a better understanding of why I have been taught to do things in a certain way”
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve.
IoSCM is dedicated to ensuring you learn what you need to do and don’t waste time studying topics which you already understand, helping you achieve your goals in a less time consuming manner, whilst enhancing your industry expertise.
IoSCM also boasts the best support package on the market, with unlimited access to industry expert tutors, student support team and Course Specialists, plus much more.
Who is this course for?
The IoSCM level 6 Logistics and Transport course is designed for Transport Managers and those in a senior operations role. This course can formalise your hands-on experience, whilst enhancing your expertise in the transport and logistics sector.
There are no previous requirements needed to study this course and IoSCM will evaluate whether this is the right course for you, ensuring you don’t waste valuable time and resources studying the wrong course.
This course is designed to give students a further understanding of the logistics and transport industry allowing them to further their knowledge and progress within their current role.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.