Add to basket or enquire
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) is the leading institute for supply chain qualifications, available at award (price listed), certificate, diploma and extended diploma.
Their courses are delivered via online learning, supported by their team of industry experts with experience across all areas of the supply chain.
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve. The courses are 100% adapted to suit the individual; you select your units, hours of study and how your assessed – use your knowledge, evidence from your working role or past qualifications.
About IoSCM and their course
Guarantee success in your industry with the Institute of Supply Chain Management. We offer every student much more than just a qualification; we provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional with our unrivalled support network.
You can custom build the IoSCM Level 5 Purchasing Management qualification in order to meet your career ambitions, future job specification or accredit your current skill set.
This qualification is industry recognised across the globe. All IoSCM qualifications are designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE?
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 5 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Purchasing Management.
As well as this, you’ll be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 5 in Purchasing Management from SFEDI Awards
WHAT IS THIS QUALIFICATION EQUIVALENT TO?
The IoSCM Level 5 in Purchasing Management is comparable to a Foundation Degree/HND.
The Level 5 is recognised and much sought after by employers and businesses. It gives you realistic, industry-specific knowledge and skills that is entirely tailored to you and the sector, giving you the best chance of gaining employment across the supply chain.
You can study around your current commitments and still save time and money in comparison to a full time or classroom based course, as you can study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. If you’d like to find out how an IoSCM qualification can be significantly beneficial to your career, give our expert Course Advisors a call today.
The Level 5 courses are available as:
- Extended Diploma
Assessment Based Study
Use the knowledge you’ve developed through studying with IoSCM or other professional bodies, submit evidence of prior/current experience or learn through IoSCM expert course material and submit assignments to achieve your qualification.
- Key Roles of Management
- Impact of Legislation
- Working Relationships with Suppliers
- Effective Negotiating Skills
Operation Management Processes
- Operations Management
- Operations Processing
- Relationship Between Operations Management and Strategic Planning
- Operations Improvement Techniques
- Organisational Challenges
Machinery of Government and Procurement
- Drivers and Decision Makers of Central and Local Governments
- Measures for Protecting Against Fraud
- Financial Accountability for Procurement Policy and Practice
Marketing for Purchasers
- The Role of Marketing in an Organisation
- The Analysis of Marketing Information
- The Components of the Marketing Mix
- Managing Customer Relationships
- Customer Focused Culture
- Customer Satisfaction
- Managing Customer Complaint
Contracting in the Public Sector
- The Different Types of Contracts
- The Processes Used to Monitor and Evaluate the Performance of Contractors
- Warehouse Policies
- Inventory Strategy
- Nature and Purpose of Transport Planning
- Land Use:land density
- Transport Demand
- Movement of Freight
Supply Chain Management
- Effective Management and Control
- Physical and Information Flows
- Why Supply Chain May Not Function Correctly
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- The Concept of Quality Management
- Embedding Quality Management
- Systems that Support Quality Management
- Production Planning
- Production Planning, Sales Planning and Forecasting
- Master Scheduling Terminology
- Development of Manufacturing and Control Systems
- Improving Planning Performance
Ports and Shipping Management
- Shipping and International Trade
- Business Strategy in Shipping
- Port Operations Management
- Agile Ports
- Port Development
Movement of Goods
- Principles and Practices in Relation to the Movement of Goods
- The Characteristics of Goods and the Impact on their Handling
- The Considerations that Influence the Flow of Goods
- Logistical Requirements of a Supply Chain
- Customer Needs:e-logistics, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), scheduling methods and issues
- Optimise Use of Logistics
- Modes of Transport
- Technology, Information & Communication Technology
- Purpose of Inventory Management
- Fixed Period & Fixed Quantity Models
- Effect of Inventory Management on Supply Chain
- Modern Inventory Systems
Who is this course for?
As with most supply chain sectors, the roles and responsibilities of those in a Purchasing and Procurement position can be varied. IoSCM’s Purchasing Academy enables those in industry to develop their skills through bespoke distance learning courses.stry.
There are no previous requirements needed to study this course and IoSCM will evaluate whether this is the right course for you, ensuring you don’t waste valuable time and resources studying the wrong course.
This course is designed to give students the opportunity of progressing in the purchasing industry allowing them to further their knowledge and progress within their role.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.