The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) is the number 1 UK institute for supply chain qualifications, available at award (price listed), certificate and diploma.
Their courses are delivered by industry experts who have gained experience within all areas of the supply chain.
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve. The courses are 100% adapted to suit the individual; you can even submit your past experience and use your current role to contribute towards your qualification!
The IoSCM logistics academy is dedicated to helping those within the logistics industry develop and grow their knowledge and expertise. This level 3 qualification means whether you have previously studied a lower level qualification or have experience working as a team leader.
- Logistics - Military Logistics, RAM Logistics, Asses Control, Inbound Logistics, Unit Load, Storage, Forecasting, Inventory. Health and Safety at work Act 1974, Unit Load, PESTEL, Data Protection. Workplace Security, Inventory, Customer driven approaches, SWOT analysis, Automated Materials Handling (AMH).
- Freight - Freight contextualized; hub and spoke systems, PESTLE analysis; airway bills; bills of lading; Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), SMART.
- Transport Planning Operations - Dangerous/hazardous goods, modal transport; packing and warehousing; UK civil aviation authority; HGV driver hours; industrial trucks; SLEPT analysis, seasonal demand; damage avoidance.
- Ports and Shipping - Cruise home ports; commercial function of ports; port service (full service); fleet and vessel size; land availability; Value Added Logistics (VAL); dredging; immigration.
- Inventory Processes - Repair and Operation; variation in production demand; training; monitoring for compliance; inventory status; fast delivery; drop shipping, rolling schedule; average deviation; fixed order quantity.
- Warehousing Operations - Receipts, picking, packing, ERP Systems, Private warehousing, Loading and unloading, Pedestrian safety, shift work; lighting, mechanical handling of waste materials; goods receipt process, buffer stock.
- Road Freight Operations - Safety; security, taxation on fuel, payment of charges; customs regulations; certificates of origin; dock receipts; incoterms.
- Freight Forwarding - Freight contextualized, local transport movement; linear; hub and spoke system; SWOT analysis; transport documentation.
- Secure Cargo - Health and Safety at Work Act; Maritime and Coastguard Agency; Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea; Air Waybills (AWBs); wire rope lashings, straight/cross lashing; securing systems; lumber and plywood.
- MRP/ERP Systems - Master Production schedules; bills of labour approach; financial resource management; supply chain management; pre-evaluation screening; going live.
- Business Improvement Techniques - How to apply business improvement techniques; terms of reference; impact on organisational performance; promoting business improvement activity results within the business.
- Manufacturing and Production - Flexible Manufacturing; continuous manufacturing; data capture; managing the demand; competitive advantage, linear trend lines; composites of sales force opinion; Just in Time (JIT).
- Business - Trader/sole proprietorship; not-for-profit companies; Human Resource; sales; Public Relations; Customer Service; Organisational roles and responsibilities; SWOT Analysis, Communication flows between functions.
- Purchasing Processes - Manufacturing; distribution; transport; cooperative; partnerships, Porter’s Five Forces, monopoly; global; public sector; private sector; reputation; environmental; Five Rights; ethics; adversarial; closer tactical; single sourced.
- Supply Chain Operation - Purchasing; Manufacturing; warehousing; demand planning; vertical relationships; customer satisfaction, purchasing; the supplier; forward and reverse, Direct Product Profitability (DPP).
This course is available as:
- Assessment based qualification
You can submit prior experience to contribute towards your course.
Assessment based learning.
“Now having gained my qualification I feel a lot more confident in my job role”
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve.
IoSCM is dedicated to ensuring you learn what you need to do and don’t waste time studying topics which you already understand, helping you achieve your goals in a less time consuming manner, whilst enhancing your industry expertise.
IoSCM also boasts the best support package on the market, with unlimited access to industry expert tutors, student support team and Course Specialists, plus much more.
Who is this course for?
The IoSCM logistics academy is dedicated to helping those within the logistics industry develop and grow their knowledge and expertise. This level 3 qualification means whether you have previously studied a lower level qualification or have experience working as a team leader, here at IoSCM we can still develop and teach you valuable topics which you can apply to your career/business.
There are no previous requirements needed to study this course and IoSCM will evaluate whether this is the right course for you, ensuring you don’t waste valuable time and resources studying the wrong course.
This course is designed to give students an understanding of the logistics and transport industry allowing them to further their knowledge and progress within their role.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.