Add to basket or enquire
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) is the leading institute for supply chain qualifications, available at award (price listed), certificate, diploma and extended diploma.
Their courses are delivered via online learning, supported by their team of industry experts with experience across all areas of the supply chain.
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve. The courses are 100% adapted to suit the individual; you select your units, hours of study and how your assessed – use your knowledge, evidence from your working role or past qualifications.
About IoSCM and their course
Guarantee success in your industry with the Institute of Supply Chain Management. We offer every student much more than just a qualification; we provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional with our unrivalled support network.
You can custom build the IoSCM Level 2 Supply Chain Operations qualification in order to meet your career ambitions, future job specification or accredit your current skill set.
This qualification is industry recognised across the globe. All IoSCM qualifications are designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE?
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 2 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Supply Chain Operations.
As well as this, you’ll be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 2 in Supply Chain Operations from SFEDI Awards
WHAT IS THIS QUALIFICATION EQUIVALENT TO?
The IoSCM Level 2 in Supply Chain Operations is comparable to a GCSE.
The Level 2 is recognised and much sought after by employers and businesses. It gives you realistic, industry-specific knowledge and skills that is entirely tailored to you and the sector, giving you the best chance of gaining employment across the supply chain.
You can study around your current commitments and still save time and money in comparison to a full time or classroom based course, as you can study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. If you’d like to find out how an IoSCM qualification can be significantly beneficial to your career, give our expert Course Advisors a call today.
The Level 2 courses are available as:
Assessment Based Study
Use the knowledge you’ve developed through studying with IoSCM or other professional bodies, submit evidence of prior/current experience or learn through IoSCM expert course material and submit assignments to achieve your qualification.
Level 2 Award in Supply Chain Management
- The Roles and Responsibilities of a Team Leader
- Teams and Groups
- Team Development
- Team Roles
- Leadership Styles
Introduction to Warehousing and Inventory
- Control Inventory Levels
- Types of Costs
- Location Coding
- Environmental Arrangements
- Manual Handling Equipment
- Health and Safety
Introduction to Supply Chain
- Supply Chain
- Successful Supply Chains
- Relationships between the Links of a Supply Chain
- Roles Organisations Play
Introduction to Purchasing
- Functions of a Purchasing System
- Stages of the Life Cycle
- Stages of the Purchasing Process
- Methods Used to Gain Information
- Supplier Development
- Selection of Suppliers
- Methods of Communication
- Terms of a Contract
Introduction to Movement of Goods
- Types of Goods
- Safe Handling of Goods
- Movement Methods
- Appropriate Modes of Transport
- Transport Planning and Scheduling
- Regulatory Requirements
- Collection, Storage and Distribution Networks
Introduction to Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Business Core Function
- Manufacturing Process Components
- Support Functions
- Manufacturing Requirements
- Information Required
- Production Planning
- Improvement Technique
- Engaging External Organisations
- Planning and Control Techniques
- Manufacturing Improvement Techniques
Introduction to Logistics
- Logistics Type
- Supply Chain in a Logistics Environment
- Types of Logistics Activities
- Health and Safety
Introduction to International Trade and Freight
- Goods Identification
- Freight Organisations
- Trade Legislation and Regulations
- Trading Documentation
- Customer Requirements
- Freight Systems
- Freight Transport Mode Legislation
- Freight Carriage, Insurance and Costs
- Health, Safety and Security
- Monitoring Goods during Transportation
- Potential Risks and Problems
IT in Manufacturing
- The function of IT in manufacturing
- The role of IT in manufacturing
- The policies and procedures that affect IT in manufacturing
Introduction to Ports and Shipping
- Ports and Shipping
- Policies and Procedures
- Monitor Ports and Shipping
Choose Supplies and Suppliers for Business
- Types of Supplies
- Resource Requirements
- Different Suppliers and Purchase Options
- Coding Systems
Team Development and Performance
- Employee Training
- Team Objectives/Challenges
- Supplier Relationships
- Key Elements of the Supplier Relationship
- Policies and Procedures
- Monitor Supplier Relationships
Introduction to Customer Service
- Customer Service
- Cultures of Customers
- Points in a Customer Care Policy
- Evaluating Customer Service
- Using Customer Feedback
Introduction to Business
- Range of Business
- Business Functions and Departments
- Communication in Business
- Quality Management Systems
- The Customer
- Organisational Resources
Who is this course for?
As with most supply chain sectors, the roles and responsibilities of those in a Supply Chain Management and Operations position can be varied. IoSCM’s Supply Chain Academy enables those in industry to develop their skills through bespoke distance learning courses.
There are no previous requirements needed to study this course and IoSCM will evaluate whether this is the right course for you, ensuring you don’t waste valuable time and resources studying the wrong course.
This course is designed to give students an understanding of the supply chain industry allowing them to further their knowledge and progress within their role.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.