The IoSCM logistics academy is dedicated to helping those within the logistics industry develop and grow their knowledge and expertise. This level 2 qualification means whether you are new to the industry, or are at an operator level.
- Team Leader - Task Orientation, Team Forming, Storming, How to develop Team Members, How to handle Discrimination.
- Introduction to Movement of Goods - Safe Handling of Hazardous/Dangerous Goods, Movement of Livestock, Security of Goods, Movement Methods by Road, Air, Sea. Appropriate mode, Custom Regulations, Licenses and Permits. Receipts/Bills/Insurance and Declarations. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Inventory Control.
- Introduction to Logistics - RAM Logistics, Distribution Logistics, Asset Control, Marketing and Sales, Outbound Logistics, Handling and Packaging. Demand Management, Demand Planning. Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Communication, Face to Face, Verbal, Video Conference.
- Introduction to International Trade and Freight - Types of Products and Market Conditions, Trade and Tariffs. Bulk Goods, Goods to be traded. Haulers and Trucking Companies .Consumer Right Act 2015, Trading Regulations 2008, Consumer Credit Act. Legislation and Regulations for Goods to be Transported, Taxation of Vehicles.
- Introduction to Ports and Shipping - Advantages and Disadvantages of Ports and Shipping, National Control and Admiralty Law, Customs, The Harbour Master and Monitoring Ships.
- Introduction to Supply Chain - The Supply Chain Route, Customers, Retailers Upstream and Downstream Activities. Collaborative and Productive Relationships. Planning and Purchasing, Inventory and Supply Chain Operations.
- Introduction to Purchasing - Life Cycle Costing, Disposal, Authorization, Purchase Orders, SWOT Analysis.
Introduction to Manufacturing Planning and Control - Marketing, Manufacturing Process, Work in Progress, Human Resources. Manpower, Method Machines, Process Time, Routing, Processing Stage, Finishing Stage.
“I chose IoSCM to study Logistics and Transport as I was able to select each unit to go along my duties within my job role.”
IoSCM offers a unique learning method, which is adaptable around your experiences, goals and what you would like to achieve.
IoSCM is dedicated to ensuring you learn what you need to do and don’t waste time studying topics which you already understand, helping you achieve your goals in a less time consuming manner, whilst enhancing your industry expertise.
IoSCM also boasts the best support package on the market, with unlimited access to industry expert tutors, student support team and Course Specialists, plus much more.
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to gain knowledge of the Logistics and Transport industry. Suitable for those just starting their Logistics and Transport career, whether currently in a role or looking to get into that industry.
There are no previous requirements needed to study this course and IoSCM will evaluate whether this is the right course for you, ensuring you don’t waste valuable time and resources studying the wrong course.
This course is designed to give students an understanding of the Logistics and Transport Industry allowing them to further their knowledge and progress within their role.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.