Introductory Certificate: The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification
Interest free payment options available
- Tutor is available to students
To undertake this training course, no previous experience of working on projects is necessary. However, pre-read material is provided before the course and it is essential that delegates complete all of the recommended self-study prior to attending. This will make the course much more enjoyable as delegates will then have a basic knowledge of project management.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
This Introductory Certificate in Project Management is based on the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition – a concise and structured guide to the knowledge required in managing projects. It provides a solid introduction to the key issues involved in managing projects and explores core project management tools, techniques and terminology.
Our APM courses are delivered through our partner Insights, an APM Accredited Training Provider.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Planning the strategy
- Quality management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
Executing the strategy
- Scope management
- Change control information
- Management and reporting
- Resource management
- Issues management
- Configuration management
- Project business case
Organisation and governance
- Project life cycle
- Handover and closeout
- Project reviews
- Organisational roles
People and the profession
- Communications in a project
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
- define and scope a project
- understand the context of projects in the Portfolio, Programme and Project management environments
- explain the principles of project management
- define and understand project management terminology
- understand the roles and people skills required to deliver projects effectively
- describe tools and techniques used for managing projects
- support and contribute to successful project outcomes
- achieve the required level of understanding needed to prepare for the APM Introductory Certificate examination
Who is this course for?
The Introductory Certificate: The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification is an intensive course designed for all project personnel including new project managers, project team members and project support staff who require an understanding of the fundamentals of project management. It is also suitable for anyone looking to achieve a nationally recognised, entry level qualification in project management.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.