Capel Manor College
Add to basket or enquire
This course will introduce you to the practical skills needed for the agriculture and countryside industries, including working with natural habitats, livestock and building countryside structures.
Level 1 Diploma in Land-based Studies (QCF)
You will learn:
- Safe and effective working practices
- How to work in the industry
- How to manage the health and wellbeing of animals
- The maintenance of structures and surfaces in the countryside
- More about wildlife and conservation
- How to establish plants and sites in the countryside
- More about livestock production and breeds
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for school leavers who want to earn the qualifications needed for a career cultivating the land, growing and harvesting crops and breeding providing high welfare to a range of livestock species.
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least two GCSEs or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to an Agriculture (Farming) Intermediate Diploma (Level 2), a Wildlife and Environmental Conservation Intermediate Diploma (Level 2) or an Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) and Forestry Intermediate Diploma (Level 2).