Add to basket or enquire
The aim of this course is to give you an in depth look at VAT, what it is, who it applies to and how VAT schemes work. It covers the main aspects of VAT and VAT returns.
The course is broken down in to 5 modules, covering:
- Contact Details
- Start Course Overview
1. Introduction to VAT
- 1.1 - What is VAT?
- 1.2 - HMRC
- 1.3 - Input VAT vs Output VAT
- 1.4 - Who does VAT apply to?
- 1.5 - Who needs to register for VAT?
- 1.6 - Voluntary VAT registration
- 1.7 - How to register for VAT
- 1.8 - VAT rates
2. VAT Schemes
- 2.1 - What are the different VAT schemes?
- 2.2 - Accrual based accounting
- 2.3 - Cash accounting scheme
- 2.4 - Annual Accounting scheme
- 2.5 - Flat Rate scheme
3. Making Tax Digital
- 3.1 - What is Making Tax Digital?
- 3.2 - Who does Making Tax Digital apply to?
4. VAT Returns
- 4.1 - What is a VAT return
- 4.2 - Completing a VAT Return
- 4.3 - VAT return filing deadlines
- 4.4 - Late filing penalties
5. Misc VAT Issues
- 5.1 - Purchases made before registration
- 5.2 - Consequences of non registration for VAT
- 5.3 - VAT de-registration
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at:
- Individuals wanting to work with VAT
- Individuals already working with VAT and want to improve their skills & knowledge
- Individuals want to improve their skills & knowledge of VAT
- Small business owners
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
would you be able to file your own vat return after this course ... what would be the next step after this
Hi, thanks for your message. The course is an introduction to VAT, what it is and who it applies to. It covers the main VAT rules and how they are applied and carried through to the return. It covers what is to be shown on the VAT return so in theory yes but it would depend on how well the learner is able to apply the knowledge in their business. The syllabus of the course is on the Reed course web page. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.