Grays Medic Training Services
Add to basket or enquire
The Introduction to Safe Handling of Medicines Online Training Course aims to provide basic knowledge and understanding when managing medicines, and to ensure they are dispensed, stored and administered in a safe and secure manner.
Note: This is a video course with a high-quality combination of up to date content, animation and presentation which contributes to a better retention of knowledge, whilst keep you interested and engaged. Please keep this in mind when you compare with other online courses in the market.
The course will start by explaining the key terminology used when handling medicines. It then goes into detail about the roles of people involved, some of the different groups of medicines, providing different levels of support to patients, infection control, label interpretation and much more.
- Introduction to safe Handling Medicines
- The roles of those involved, legislation and licensing
- Levels of support and routes of entry
- Infection Control and equipment for dispensing
- Label interpretation, record keeping and The Seven Rights
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. The Introduction to Safe Handling of Medicines course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone responsible for handling or administering medicines in care or education settings: school staff, care support workers, healthcare assistants, care assistants, social care workers, senior carers, care managers .
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them to handle medicines safely and efficiently.
This course does not required a previous qualification.
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review