Add to basket or enquire
• Award winning instructor Andy Lanning
• Certificate of training upon completing the course
• Bite sized video tutorials, reference guides, exercise files and quizzes
• Unlimited testing
• Self-paced course can be completed in your own time over 12 months
• Accredited with CPD UK
This online course will help you learn tips and tricks for managing pictures that are added to your print, for working with text and adding shapes to enhance your publication. It will also provide you with a good overview on working with existing pre-made templates, creating your own templates and using the tools within the ribbon.
This course includes 38 lessons from beginner to intermediate.
- Publisher Screen Overview - Understanding the screen layout is paramount to mastering this program. This lesson gives a concise tour of the scratch area, rulers, ribbons, and status bar tools.
- File Ribbon - Info - Business Information contains your professional contact info and the Design Checker runs through the technical layout of your publication.
- File Ribbon - New - Instead of starting from scratch, discover the pre-made templates that are available and easily customized.
- File Ribbon - Other Features - Be aware of the options other than printing and design with your end product in mind.
- Quick Access ToolBar - Prepare your work area by setting up the tools you’ll need most often.
Working with Pictures:
- Identify Parts of Pre-Made Template - Review the parts and structure of a pre-made template and save frustration later when you build your own.
- Manage Picture Tools - Picture tools help you manage and control your pictures.
- Pictures - Crop - Cropping tools let you cut away parts of a picture.
- Pictures - Placeholders - Frame the spot for a picture still to come.
- Pictures - Size, Layers, Group - Size pictures precisely to your own measurements; Layer the pictures and control the overlap; and Group pictures so they move as one object.
- Pictures - Align - Align pictures precisely on the page.
- Pictures - Adjust, Swap - Adjust picture brightness, color, reset to original, or compress picture file size.
- Pictures - Styles, Frames, Captions - Change the picture style, shape and frame (border), also add captions.
- Pictures - Find online, Copyright free - Creative Commons License is a copyright free picture license.
Working with Text:
- Text box - Word Art - Insert decorative text into your publication.
- Text box - Identify Parts - View existing text boxes and screen options.
- Text box - Formatting Tools - Review toolbar and connect text boxes and word overflow.
- Text box - Business Information - Edit your business information so that all publications are uniform with no typos or variations.
- Text box - Building Blocks - Building blocks are pre-designed text boxes that save you time from creating from scratch.
- Page Design - Header Footer - Content that appears at the top and bottom of every single page, like logo’s or page #’s.
- Page Design - Ribbon a - Work with template design, page setup tools, and layout guides.
- Page Design - Ribbon b - Work with page tools, color schemes and fonts, and page background.
Working with Shapes:
- Shapes - Shapes add interest to a publication by adding text and color.
- Shapes with Pictures - Two methods to adding a picture inside of a shape.
- Shapes, Control Placement - Use the Publisher guides and rulers to control the placement of your shapes.
- Shapes, Arrange - Group, rotate and wrap text to shapes.
- Shapes, Edit Wrap Points - Edit exactly how text wraps “through” your shape or picture.
- Ribbon - Review - Interesting script is vital to a professional publication. Use the review ribbon tools to find words, spell check, or translate.
- Ribbon - View - The view ribbon helps you manage your publication as it is developed and allows you to work with multiple Publisher files efficiently.
- Ribbon - Home - Regardless of where your text is placed, formatting tools are in one location.
- Ribbon- File, Save-Print-Export - The file ribbon is where you make the final production decision to your publication.
- Creative Ideas - Mail Merge - Learn how to use the mail merge feature to personalize every single publication to the individual recipient.
- Creative Ideas - Catalog - Create a manual of products with corresponding pictures.
- Creative Ideas- QR Codes in Catalogs - Learn how to use Quick Response (QR) Codes, which are device-scanable images that will deliver information or send the user to a product webpage.
- Creative Ideas - Tables - Understand how to use tables which are a “grid layout” for columns of text, like room locations or employee contact information.
- Creative Ideas - Create Picture Files - Create a picture from a Publisher file in order to send a full-color marketing flyer via email.
- Creative Ideas - Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn these shortcut tips that will expedite your design time.
- Creative Ideas - Color Codes - Learn the differences between the advanced CMYK or PANTONE color formats which are required by some commercial printers.
Who is this course for?
MS Publisher is “desktop publishing software” used to create professional flyers, newsletters, and brochures for print, mail, or mail-merges. Publisher shines in the ease of picture placement and text wrapping. Whether you are new to Publisher or need a refresher, these practical tutorials will benefit anyone who uses Publisher to create items for publication.
No prior knowledge of Microsoft Publisher is required. Software not included.
Business & Management, Administration, IT, Financial Management.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do I need to have Microsoft publisher in the computer? I have access to Microsoft publisher 2010 through work, would that be enough.Answer:
The Microsoft Publisher course is broken down into 38 lessons. Each lesson includes a video tutorial, reference documentation to read through, exercise files and a short quiz. Without Microsoft Publisher, you won't be able to complete the exercise files. These are not required to complete the course. They are just provided as additional resources to help reinforce the learning. So, you can complete the course and receive a certificate without having Microsoft Publisher.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long would the training approx. take if done fairly intensively?Answer:
The video duration for the course is 2 hours and 36 minutes. If you do the optional exercise files, read through the quick reference documentation and take the quizzes at the end of each lesson the estimated study time for the Microsoft Publisher course is 19 hours.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have Office 365, including Publisher, on my laptop. Will I still be able to follow the course and complete the assessment?Answer:
Yes, the GoSkills Microsoft Publisher course video tutorials are recorded in Microsoft Publisher 2019/Office 365 for the PC. You will be able to follow along with your version of Publisher on your laptop and complete the final assessment.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included