Add to basket or enquire
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), over 1 million people around the world die in road accidents every year. Many of these deaths are preventable. Road safety should be an ongoing concern for anyone who drives a vehicle.
In this course, you will learn how to stay safe in a variety of driving situations, including adverse weather conditions and driving in other countries. You will also learn how to keep your vehicle in a roadworthy condition and how to ensure that you are fit to drive.
You Will Learn:
- The vehicle checks you must carry out on a regular basis to keep your vehicle in good working order, and how to identify the signs that indicate a serious problem warranting professional attention.
- The effects of alcohol, recreational drugs, tiredness, prescription medications, and medical conditions on your ability to drive in safety. You will learn how to assess these risks and take the necessary steps in keeping yourself and others safe.
- How to drive safely in wet, icy, snowy, foggy, and hot weather conditions.
- How to lend assistance at the scene of an accident, the information you will need to pass on to the emergency services, and how to use the DRABC protocol to offer assistance to casualties.
- What you need to consider when preparing to drive abroad, including adjustments you may need to make to your vehicle. You will also learn why driving conditions are especially dangerous in some countries.
Benefits of Taking the Course:
- Anyone who drives a vehicle on the road, including learner drivers, will benefit from this course as it offers universal road safety advice.
- If you are helping someone else learn to drive, this course will enable you to pass on valuable road safety advice.
- This course offers insight into the causes of traffic accidents, which is useful to anyone working in the emergency response sectors.
- If your job entails a considerable amount of driving, this course will enable you to take better care of your company vehicle and carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- If you work with adults experiencing health problems, this course will give you an insight into the factors that may have an impact on their ability to drive. This will enable you to offer them guidance as to whether they should continue to operate a vehicle.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.