Add to basket or enquire
Introduction to Adult Nursing (USA Standards)
There are few careers that are as rewarding as Nursing, or that allow you to work with such a variety of people. Our Nursing courses will give you the specialist skills, education and training needed to prepare you for the workplace.
The daily responsibility for protecting the patient from additional injury or illness rests with the nursing team. Following on from the Introduction to Nursing Studies course, the learner is now introduced to the essential elements of adult patient care.
This online Introduction to Adult Nursing course (USA Standards) provides an overview of the skills and techniques required in areas such as advanced patient hygiene procedures, environmental health and safety awareness for the practice nurse, and how to ensure patient safety and comfort in the adult care setting. Advanced principles of hygiene provide the learner with an overview of the functions, methods and techniques applied in providing adult patient care with particular emphasis on the daily bath, oral hygiene and the benefits of a back massage in patient comfort. Essential patient personal care routines are also discussed. Environmental health outlines the necessary health and safety procedures relating to patient care and the safe operational use of electrical equipment. Patient care safety measures introduce the learner to techniques that help prevent falls and protect patients who are at risk from injury, burns or scalds, together with steps to prevent the spread of micro-organisms in the care environment.
This online nursing course will be of great interest to all health care professionals who would like to learn more about advanced Nursing practices and procedures in adult patient care.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
Please Note: This Course is Based on USA Standards.
Students will be issued an official cover letter stating that you have completed 50 CPD hours at the completion of your Introduction to Adult Nursing course.
- Free E-certificate (No additional cost for e-certificates)
- Learners will get the “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
- Eligible to apply for the Student ID card
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the key topics listed under the curriculum. This course has been designed for 30 guided learning hours.
Course Curriculum : Introduction to Adult Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing
- Communication in Nursing
- Health and Safety for Nursing
- Hygiene for Nursing
- Infection Control
- Medication Administration for Nursing
- Understanding Immune System in Nursing
- Rest and Sleep for Nurses
- Mobility and Immobility Issues in Nursing
- Pain Management for Nurses
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Oxygenation in Nursing
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Introduction to Adult Nursing by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in this course, you’ll get:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- A study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
Who is this course for?
- This course normally suits people who want to work while they study. If you work within the health care sector (usually at assistant practitioner level), you may be supported by your employer to complete the course.
- Anyone looking to work as a Nursing Assistant or other role in the health care sector. This could be in the NHS or any other private sector.
Also, this online course useful for people who are looking to develop career in:
- Mental Health Nursing
- General Nursing
- Health and Social Care Work
- Care work
- Other Health care Professions
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Having good education background will be the advantage to study this course.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- Experienced nurses find fulfilling careers in positions of responsibility, often running nurse-led clinics, or taking leadership roles at the executive level. It is possible to develop your career in clinical, research, education and management roles. A typical day in nursing is busy and diverse, and nurses don’t just work in hospitals.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, what is the equivalent of this diploma in terms of NVQ level please?
This is an online Training course will help you learn important fundamental, practical skills involved in a career as a Nursing Assistant. Anyone looking to work as a Nursing Assistant or other role within the healthcare sector. This could be in the NHS or other private sectors. This is a professional Training programme accredited by CPD and IAP which is nationally recognised.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi. I Wish to become a nurse which course Is the best to make this idea??
Dear Natalia Thank you very much for your query. You have select the right path. Experienced nurses find fulfilling careers in positions of responsibility, often running nurse-led clinics, or taking leadership roles at the executive level. It is possible to develop your career in clinical, research, education and management roles. A typical day in nursing is busy and diverse, and nurses don’t just work in hospitals. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Sally adane asked:
I am a care worker/ teaching assistant in a special needs school with NVQ Diploma level 3 will this course be good for me
Dear Sally Thank you very much for your query. According to your qualifications the best course for you is Mastering Nursing Care and Emergency Medicine for Adults. This will open the gateways for you to be a Nurse/Mental Health Nurse or a Carer. And this course is specially design for a bright career in Nursing and care. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.