Birmingham City University, Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Add to basket or enquire
Want to study a Master’s in human resource management? Our International Human Resource Management course is ideal for people who want to qualify professionally with the CIPD
For full-time students, the course runs over one full year. For some sessions, full-time and parttime students will be taught together, allowing UK-based and international students the chance to share experiences and bring a global perspective to HR issues.
For full-time students the Masters course is ideal as it allows you to complete the requirements of the CIPD for the award of the Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management.
Successful completion of the core and the option modules will enable you to become Associate Members of the CIPD with eligibility for upgrading to Chartered Membership.
What's covered in the course?
We have an experienced teaching team who combine real work experience of human resource management with the academic qualifications, bringing a strategic and conceptual view to the topics covered. Sessions are interactive and we invite guest speakers, encourage students to work together on case studies, arrange visits and incorporate role-playing activities to develop practical HR skills.
One of the CIPD core modules requires you to apply the knowledge and skills gained on the course to conduct a piece of research on a ‘live’ HR issues and this further enhances individual skills and enhances employability.
Why Choose Us?
- Our course is fully approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and is equivalent to the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma which allows you gain Associate level membership and eligibility to upgrade to Chartered Membership status on meeting the CIPD requirements.
- Our teaching is interactive and led by our experienced team, who believe HR is as much about the doing as it is about the learning – giving you the skills you need to develop and enhance your employability.
- To achieve your Advanced Diploma or Master's you are required to conduct research into a live business issue from an HR perspective. This will increase your business acumen, skills and credibility with current or future employers.
- Our part-time offering has been designed with busy, working professionals in mind, allowing you to get qualified while in employment. Part-time study is a mixture of afternoon and evening classes one day per week.
- We pride ourselves on building a community of learners with regular feedback forums and personal tutor coaching.
- All modules give an international perspective filled with professional development to enable our students to demonstrate a deep understanding and critical awareness of the current global issues and challenges HR professionals and line managers face.
- The course covers the core CIPD modules but allows you also to select modules in specialist areas.
- You will be able to work on exciting projects for real-life clients through our Business Advice Centre, giving you exposure to the challenges and issues faced by businesses as well as the chance to develop successful solutions. Opportunities are available with local, regional, national and even global businesses such as BMW.
- The Centre also offers expert support for your own entrepreneurial ideas, so you can start planning your own start-up or take your existing business to the next level. Following graduation, you will have the opportunity to apply for STEAMhouse Business Incubator membership.
A 2:2 Honours degree from a UK University or International equivalent
If appropriate qualifications are not held then related work experience in management or HR could be considered by means of the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) procedure.
Other qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Please note that even if your application fully meets the entry criteria, you may be required to further demonstrate your suitability via an interview or submission of a course proposal before being offered a place.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.