International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a widely recognised and popular qualification in the UK and is much sought-after by employers. It is perfectly suited for any individual aspiring to have a successful and long-lasting career in health and safety. This qualification will boost your career prospects particularly when it comes to positions relating to the health and safety industry. Holders of this International Certificate can gain membership into the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and can progress further to study the International diploma. The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH.
This is a globally recognised qualification that will cover health and safety, along with risk management. This course is varied and suitable to all levels of learners coming from different backgrounds and holding diverse positions. It is comprehensive and will cover key modules that are explored extensively throughout the training.
Over 90,000 individuals are current holders of this certificate because it is the primary standard of qualifications in health and safety. The main aim of this course is to equip you with an in-depth understanding of workplace safety and how to make your workplace safer. This is an ideal qualification for managers, supervisors and others in accountable roles that are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of employees in the workplace. If you want to qualify as a health and safety professional, taking this course is the first step to developing a career in this field.
Wednesday 9 June 2021AMInternational General Certificate IG1
Grab this Special Offer!!
Stand a chance to win this special voucher code attached below, You can claim your discount at the next purchase for any ABC endorsed or CPD accredited course from Global Edulink which would make you delighted as no one could compare.
NEBOSH, International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
1. Why we should manage workplace health and safety
2. How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
3. Managing risk – understanding people and processes
4. Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Assignment Submission - IGC1
5. Physical and psychological health
6. Musculoskeletal health
7. Chemical and biological agents
8. General workplace issues
9. Work equipment
Once you successfully complete this exam, you will gain the National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is accredited to and rated by the SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) Accreditation. The qualification sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) at SCQF Level 6 with 11 SCQF credit points.
SCQF Level 6 is comparable to RQF/CQFW Level 3 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The SQA accreditation logo will appear where appropriate on awarded certificates.
Method of Assessment
Assessment is a two-step process:
- IG1 - An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- IG2 - A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
PLEASE NOTE: This course does not include the official exam, which will need to be purchased separately. Additionally, £220 (Inc. VAT) is charged for your official exam.
All registered learners can sit for an examination. Exams must be registered for in advance before taking each paper.
Exam Entry Confirmation
Once you are registered to do the exam, you will receive an Exam Entry Confirmation that will include the learning number and important information related to the exam and results process. Please check if your name is spelled correctly, and if changes are required, you can contact GEL customer support. This confirmation is essential to gain entry to the exam, as learners will need to produce photographic identification to the invigilator.
IG1 - The invigilated paper-based exam is being permanently replaced by a new open-book examination (OBE).
IG1 exam is available in English, Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Russian, Spanish (European) and Turkish.
Dates for OBEs in 2021:
- Wednesday 7 April 2021
- Wednesday 9 June 2021
- Wednesday 4 August 2021
- Wednesday 6 October 2021
- Wednesday 1 December 2021
IG2 - The practical unit IG2 will continue to be assessed as usual
Assessment results are taken in English which also includes the practical examination. Results will be received within 50 working days from the submission of the assignment or date of the examination.The pass mark can vary, but learners will be awarded marks according to the following.
- IG1 written exam paper (at least 45 marks out of 100)
- IG2 practical exam – pass or refer for the assignment
Once learners complete the written exam and achieve the ‘pass’ mark for the practical exam, the overall grade is awarded according to the following.
- 45-64 marks – Pass
- 65-74 marks – Credit
- 75 and above – Distinction
Who is this course for?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate will give you invaluable knowledge and skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your current role and your long-term career.
The qualification is:
- Relevant to every workplace
- Ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is trusted by many prestigious organisations such as Maersk, Shell, BP, Skanska, Nestle and the Dubai World Trade Centre.
- There are no pre-requisites to take this course. However, it is essential that learners have a basic understanding of the English Language, Maths and ICT.
- NEBOSH recommends that learners have a minimum standard of English that is equivalent to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 6.0 or higher on the test.
Here are some job titles you can land, along with the average UK salary per annum,
- Health and Safety Coordinator – (£22,581 per annum)
- Health and Safety Manager – (£35,561 per annum)
- Health and Safety Advisor – (£29,939 per annum)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.