Add to basket or enquire
This International GCSE History Course will help you get a good understanding of WW1 and selected other periods. You will be able to use historical sources critically, in context, recording significant information and reaching conclusions.
Students will develop an understanding of the nature of cause and effect, continuity and change, similarity and difference and find out how to use and understand historical evidence as part of your studies
There are 2 papers for the course, which cover the following content:-
Development of a nation- Unification of Italy, 1848-71:
- The 1848 Revolutions in the Italian states
- Developments in Piedmont, 1849–54
- The defeat of Austria, 1854–59
- Garibaldi and the Papal States
- Venice and Rome and the extent of unification by 1870
A decided union- Civil right in the USA, 1945-74:
- The Red Scare and McCarthyism
- Civil rights in the 1950s
- The impact of civil rights protests, 1960–7
- Other protest movements: students, women, anti–Vietnam
- Nixon and Watergate
The origins and course of the First world War, 1905-18:
- The alliance system and international rivalry, 1905–14
- The growth of tension in Europe, 1905–14
- The Schlieffen Plan and deadlock on the Western Front
- The war at sea and Gallipoli
- The defeat of Germany
Conflict, crisis and change- China C1900- C1989:
- The fall of the Qing, Warlordism and chaos, 1900–34
- The triumph of Mao and the CCP, 1934–49
- Change under Mao, 1949–63
- The Cultural Revolution and its impact, 1965–76
- China, 1976–89
IGCSE History Edexcel: 4HI1
There are two exams for this International GCSE, both of which are 1 hour 30 minutes long.
This course can also be taken under the awarding organisation Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
IGCSE History CIE: 0977
There are three exams for this International GCSE. Grades 9-1 are available.
Who is this course for?
A Distance Learning Course is the ideal way to gain a qualification without having the worry of trying to fit your studies around your everyday life. You can complete your studies in your own time and we are on hand seven days a week to help you plan your future.
You do not need any prior learning knowledge or experience to take this course. This course is openly available to anyone who wishes to take part in a highly rewarding home study course, although you would be expected to have a reasonable standard of literacy. You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with the full support of your Tutor.
The combination of knowledge and skills in International GCSE History gives students a solid foundation for further study. Students who achieve grades 4 to 9 are well prepared to follow a wide range of courses including AS & A Level History.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.