Birmingham City University, Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Add to basket or enquire
October 2021 start
- 1 Year / £8,800 per year
- 2 Years / £4,400 per year
This course aims to provide you with a comprehensive program of study of international finance, providing you with the knowledge and professional skills including digital skills to develop a career in banking or another financial institution dealing with international operations.
You will develop a broad vision and understanding of the changing role and nature of finance within the context of a global marketplace. You will become competent in dealing with international investment and financing transactions, international payments and exchange rates. In addition to traditional areas of international finance, the course will provide skills in areas including responses to international financial crises and cryptocurrencies. This course is offered for local as well as international students.
Birmingham City University is a modern practically-oriented and students-oriented university. You will be taught by highly-qualified academics with industrial and professional experience and actively involved in research.
*Trademark Disclaimer: CFA Institute does not endorse, promote or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by Birmingham City University. CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Why Choose Us?
- Our flexible online delivery means that you can study with us full-time or part-time, and at a time that suits you, from anywhere in the world. See ‘course in depth’ to find out more.
- We are one of the first universities in the West Midlands offering an online Master’s in international finance.
- We provide content relevant to the latest practice. The design of our programme reflects growing demand in new areas of international finance including cryptocurrency and their usage in international payments, Fintech and crowdfunding.
- Teaching staff have practical experience in international finance and are actively involved in research in these areas.
- You will gain a thorough understanding of international finance and investment practices, equipping you for a career as a fund manager, financial analyst, investment banker or financial manager in a bank or financial company dealing with international markets. You will develop a broad vision and understanding of the changing role and nature of finance within the context of a global marketplace. You will become competent in dealing with international investment and financing transactions, international payments and exchange rates. You can also learn about Islamic finance, which is becoming an important part of the financial landscape in many countries including the UK.
- Real case studies will be used in your studies enabling you to apply the skills and knowledge you learn within the classroom to the real world, as well as aiding your employability.
- Birmingham City Business School actively collaborates with many professional bodies including ACCA, CBI, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAEW, meaning that our courses are as professionally relevant as possible.
We require one of the following:
An honours degree of a British University or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2)
An equivalent graduate level qualification from an overseas university or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2)
A pre-masters programme approved by Birmingham City University
A pre-masters programme with a minimum of 55% average
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.