Gain a valuable insight into aviation to help you get your first job working in a cabin crew team. The course offers a comprehensive knowledge of everything you need to know before you take to the skies in 20 easy to understand modules, from the fundamental principles of working as cabin crew to identifying and dealing with potential security threats.
Comprehensive and convenient
The course is arranged into 20 comprehensive but manageable bite sized chunks enabling you to learn as quickly and efficiently as possible. Each one takes about 30 minutes to complete and there is a short test to complete at the end of each one, enabling you to track your learning. The modules cover the basics of the passenger aviation industry, including history, regulation and airline types; geography, time zones and weather conditions; aircraft layout, safety and communications; flight procedure and emergencies and fatigue and stress management.
The course will take around 10 hours to complete, but you can learn at your own pace so you can take two days or two years to finish it, depending on your other commitments. The flexible nature of online learning enables you to study anytime, anywhere at your convenience.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The focus of this course is to prepare you to become employable as a member of a professional cabin crew and gain a certified qualification.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the aviation industry and how you will contribute to it. Learn the hierarchy of your workplace and what is expected of you in terms of safety and security, as well as about charter flights, regional flights, budget flights and your career opportunities in each.
- Explore the basics of aviation abbreviations - why they are used, why you need to know them and why it is essential you familiarise yourself with them before interview.
- Explore the external factors that govern air travel, namely geography, time zones and weather conditions. Learn how to adapt to time zones, how currencies affect your job, how weather variations can affect your flight and what turbulence is and how to manage it.
- Take an in depth look at the layout of an aeroplane, how to operate the communications system and the importance of flight crew communication and passenger announcements. Learn how to keep the galley area safely maintained and fit for purpose and how and when to operate emergency exits.
- Incredibly important to cabin crew is understanding how to deal with an emergency situation. Learn how to use emergency equipment, how to conduct yourself in an abnormal situation, how to deal with panicked passengers, how to spot fire hazards and fight fires and how to deal with medical issues amongst passengers and fellow crew members.
- Being part of a cabin crew is a customer facing role, so personal grooming and uniform maintenance are very important. Learn how to look after your appearance as well as your personal health by being able to identify when you are fatigued and how to manage sleep cycles.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- A detailed yet easy to understand course syllabus broken down into 20 manageable chunks that make learning easy.
- Complete the end of course test and receive a qualification and certificate.
- Lots of exclusive, useful articles to help you get your dream job.
- Get a Free Recruitment Manual that is a handy resource you can print and keep for reference.
- Improve your career prospects with a verified certifiable qualification.
Buy this course now and gain all the knowledge you need to get ahead of other applicants.
- Units of Study
- Further Info
About Passenger Aviation
Types of Airline
Understanding Aviation Abbreviation
Geography and Time Zone
Weather Conditions and Aviation Interruption
Layout of the Commercial Aircraft
Passenger Announcements and Communication System
Cabin Area Hand Luggage
Familiarisation of Emergency Equipment for Passenger Safety
Emergency Procedures & Stress Management
Fire & Team Work in the Event of a Fire
Aviation Security & Health and Safety
Medical & First Aid
Cabin Crew Uniform & Personal Grooming
Fatigue Risk Management
Crew Resource Management
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.