Interior Design Course
On course completion students can claim accredited certificate by paying £85 accreditation... Read more
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
- NUS card is available to purchase separately
Develop interior design skills with this interior design Course level 3. Whether you are looking to start a career in Interior design or are already working in interior design and simply want to enhance your existing knowledge of the subject the interior design course is equally suitable for you. This interior design course trains you to know, understand and put into practice the essentials of professional interior design.
Interior design is one of the most exciting and highly in demand professions. An interior designer is a creative person that thinks about the form and functionality of the space and solves any space related problems while creating fully functioning and lively designs. The form is about look and feel of the space and functionality is about how that particular space would be used practically. In order to create balanced designs an interior designer blends form and functionality effectively while relying upon many resources , guidelines and professional ethics.
The interior design practice is about anything that is found inside a building's space- walls, doors , windows, textures lights, furniture and furnishings. All these design and room elements are used by interior designers to design aesthetically pleasing and practically functional spaces that are safe as well. The course covers design elements, design principles and room elements in great detail and finally prepares you for starting up and running your own business successfully.
This self-paced programme is available 24/7 providing you with the flexibility to train at the pace, location and time of your choosing. Accredited certificate from Ofqual's registered awarding body is available on course completion. College registration, tutor support, course materials and additional supporting material are all included in the course fee.
On course completion the learner should be able to;
- Understand the role of the interior designer
- explain the basics of residential design and the importance of strong designer-client
- Investigate design elements which contribute to a design and the importance of each in relation to their role in professional interior design
- Explore the room elements which influence a design effect
- Explore the main concepts of design and the skills which are used to produce stunning doom designs for clients
On this Interior Design Course (Level 3) the students will complete the following course units:
Module 1 - An Introduction to the Interior Design Profession
Module 2 - Design Elements
Module 3 - The Principles of Design
Module 4 - Room Elements
Module 5 - Working on Projects
- High quality e-learning study materials and assessments.
- 24/7 Access to the LMS (Learning Portal).
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Availability of Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Oxford Home Study College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- People who love interior design and have a keen interest in this area
- People who are already working in this profession and want to update their skills and knowledge
- Creative individuals who enjoy interior design magazines and like changing colour schemes and re-positioning furniture within their home or office.
- People who wish to start their own interior design business
- People who wish to study Interior Design at university
There is no particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience. Students of all age and academic background can enrol on this course.
Interior Designers are employed by retail outlets, interior design consultancies or architectural practices. However, many interior designers are freelance, and either work for themselves or on a contract with a design agency. They can design either private homes or commercial buildings such as offices, hotels, restaurants and shops.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.