iQualify UK Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
Information systems and technologies play a central role in today’s global business environment. This course will enable you to appreciate the strategic role of information systems (IS) in business organisations. It explores a range of critical management and organisational issues in the design, implementation and effective use of information systems. It also makes extensive use of real-life case studies to highlight the business opportunities and management/organisational challenges faced by organisations in relation to information systems and technologies.
The course consists of nine substansive (one hour) sessions and one revision session:
- Information Systems (IS) as social systems
- IS and competition: aligning business with IT
- IS development: business alignment
- Outsourcing strategy for IS
- IS success and failure: managing global IS
- Case study
- E-business strategy
- Realising the business value of IS
- Social and ethical implications of IS
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- View IS as social systems and recognise the links between IS and organisational structure, culture and processes.
- Use a range of theoretical frameworks to examine the potential for creating competitive advantage through IS.
- Recognise the significance of IS-business alignment and apply a range of IS planning frameworks.
- Outline and evaluate a range of approaches to IS development and assess the opportunities and risks presented by IS outsourcing.
- Identify the key reasons for IS success or failure and outline a range of strategies for effective implementation of systems.
- Recognise the business benefits of the Internet and evaluate a range of e-business strategy frameworks.
- Outline the different approaches to IS evaluation.
- Evaluate key social and ethical implications of IS.
Who is this course for?
The course is intended for directors and managers of private, not for profit and public sector organisations.
There are no entry requirements, although you should have a reasonable level of English and Mathematics.
Anyone who wants to understand and learn about Information Systems to help them in their day to day work and long term career development.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review