Infection Control Level 2
This FREE online Infection Control qualification provides you with fundamental knowledge and understanding of how to control the cause and spread of infection in a variety of settings.
- Develop your knowledge of the control and prevention of infection.
- Contribute to a happy, safe and healthy environment.
- Understand the causes and spread of infection and how to identify potential risks.
- Gain in-depth understanding of decontamination, sterilisation, and sharps management.
Successful completion of this course leads to a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
Unit 1: The causes and spread of infection
- How infection is caused
- How infection can spread
- The ‘chain of infection’
- The importance of recognising Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI)
Unit 2: Principles of personal hygiene and health
- Personal hygiene at work
- Personal protective equipment.
Unit 3: Personal development in the health sector
- Maintaining a clean environment
- Roles and responsibilities in decontamination
- The decontamination process
- The sterilisation process
- Handling laundry
- Effective waste management
- Sharps management.
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfil a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- resident of England only and not Northern Ireland
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.
This qualification can aid career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including healthcare, social services, catering, hospitality and many more.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.