Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This FREE online Infection Control qualification provides you with fundamental knowledge and understanding of how to control the cause and spread of infection in a variety of settings.
- Develop your knowledge of the control and prevention of infection.
- Contribute to a happy, safe and healthy environment.
- Understand the causes and spread of infection and how to identify potential risks.
- Gain in-depth understanding of decontamination, sterilisation, and sharps management.
Successful completion of this course leads to a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
Unit 1: The causes and spread of infection
- How infection is caused
- How infection can spread
- The ‘chain of infection’
- The importance of recognising Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI)
Unit 2: Principles of personal hygiene and health
- Personal hygiene at work
- Personal protective equipment.
Unit 3: Personal development in the health sector
- Maintaining a clean environment
- Roles and responsibilities in decontamination
- The decontamination process
- The sterilisation process
- Handling laundry
- Effective waste management
- Sharps management.
Who is this course for?
This training course is suitable for anyone who work in an environment where there is a risk of infections transferring as well as for those wanting to get a better understanding of the principles of infection prevention, control and personal hygiene.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- Resident of England only and does not cover Northern Ireland or Wales
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.
This qualification is essential for those working in businesses where work activities could put employees at risk of passing on or contracting an infection. Especially useful for those working in healthcare sector.