Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online infection prevention and control training course. This infection control e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding infection prevention and control
- Provide an awareness of the inherent risks to health and social care workers
- Improve the learner’s understanding of local policies and procedures
- Provide an awareness of what to do in emergency situations
- To provide essential infection prevention and control training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online course?
- An introduction to infection prevention and control
- Why infection prevention and control is important
- Healthcare associated infections (HAIs)
- The ‘chain of infection' and how to 'break the chain'
- Standard/universal precautions for infection prevention and control
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste
- Safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments
- Effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps
- Management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation's (WHO) 'Five Moments' for hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques
- Appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of healthcare workers can be a risk to others
- Where to find additional information about infection prevention and control (online learning resources)
Assessment and certification
At the end of this infection prevention and control training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online infection prevention & control training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this infection control e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- Your prior knowledge and experience about health and safety awareness and infection prevention in the workplace and related regulations
- How quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- How much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete this infection control training course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
Ad Vitam Learning’s infection prevention and control e-Learning course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This infection prevention and control course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff
This infection control eLearning course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our online infection prevention and control training package or the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This online training course covers the main points relating to infection prevention and control. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
- access to the internet
- 2 CPD credit/points
- certificate in infection control Level 1+2
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.