The Import and Export Business Certificate is an online program that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to complete and or evaluate import and export documentation, and check documentation in accordance with the requirements of Customs and related legislation and workplace procedures.
The course fee covers registration, learning materials (PDF/eBooks) and assessment. Certification is subject to a single payment of £15 for soft-copy and £20 for printed version payable to the UK Home College.
The professional program of Import and Export Business Certificate will provide students with a foundation in supply chain and international trade. Core topics in this program include customs and border procedures, documentation requirements for import and export transactions, and methods of international trade financing. A range of specialized international business and supply chain elective topics are included to complement the knowledge gained in this program, including:
- Document procedures
- Regulations and legislation
- Quarantine legislation
- Biosecurity legislation
- Export documentation
- Timeline for document completion
- DIBP client registration
- Exporter registration
- Import declaration forms
- Export declaration form
- Export control manual
- Import permit
- CITES requirements
- Customs clearance
- Import declaration and clearance process
- Non-compliance penalties
- Cargo clearance screening
- Letters of credit
- Payment process
- Complete documentation
- Customs requirements
- Standard operating procedures
- Workplace procedures
- Data entry
- Import / export database systems
- Document completing assistance
- Goods classification
- Documentation meets legislative requirements
- Collating and checking documentation
- Letters of credit
- Certificate of origin
- Dangerous goods documentation
- Lodge documentation for processing
Upon successful completion of the Import and Export Business Certificate program participants will:
- Understand and use techniques involved in professional selling specifically for the import and export business sectors.
- Gain research skills related to the field of international trade.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for market entry, and price goods from/to foreign markets.
- Identify and investigate the funding for exports/imports available from government agencies.
- Identify and examine the sources and techniques for private sector financing of foreign trade.
- Understand the use of, and accurately complete various export and import documentation reports.
- Understand the importance of marine insurance and the method of handling damaged or lost cargo claims.
- Identify the importance and reason for using intermediate agencies like freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Understand the various terms of sale and the different methods of payment used in international trade.
- Evaluate Canada's strengths and weaknesses in international trade and identify the changes Canadian businesses must make in order to be internationally competitive.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities
- Study online, anywhere via our e-learning system
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy
- 7 day administrative, tutor and technical support
- Easy to understand course content
- Certificate issued for your CV
Who is this course for?
All professionals who want to work in the field of Import and Export.
No previous knowledge required.
- Import and Export Manager
- Import and Export Operator
- Import and Export Coordinator
- Import and Export Assistant
Questions and answers
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.