Grow Development Solutions Ltd
Our ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring is a highly-engaging and interactive online programme, which provides many opportunities for delegates to develop their coaching skills, through practical sessions.
The core aim of the programme is to provide delegates with the required knowledge, skills and understanding to coach or mentor others at an executive or senior level.
The course is delivered as a series of online workshops, which equate to 6 full days of training. Online training sessions are also supported by individual and group supervision sessions (also online).
The suggested timeframe for programme completion is 9-12 months (including assessment of all three modules), however it is possible for delegates to complete the course within a shorter/longer timeframe. The timeframes are usually dependant on the delegate's accessibility to coaching and mentoring clients to complete the required hours for the practical assessment.
To successfully achieve the qualification, delegates are required to pass all three module assessments. Further details of which can be found below in the course description.
As part of the additional support we provide to our delegates on our programmes, we can support delegates to find appropriate coaching and mentoring clients, which can contribute to the required coaching and mentoring hours for the assessment. This can be particularly beneficial if delegates are unsure as to how they will be able to find appropriate clients to work with as part of their programme.
- ILM Level 7 Certificate - download
The qualification is made up of three core modules that enable delegates to understand, develop and demonstrate knowledge and skills in executive coaching and mentoring.
- The first module 'Understanding the Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level' explores the context of coaching and mentoring in a strategic business environment and aims to provide delegates with an understanding of the principles and practice required for effective coaching and mentoring at an executive or senior level.
- In the second module 'Undertaking Coaching or Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level', delegates are expected to plan, prepare and maintain accurate and auditable records for 20 hours of coaching or mentoring at an executive or senior level with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 individuals.
- In the final module 'Reflecting on Your Ability to Perform Effectively as a Coach or Mentor at an Executive or Senior Level', delegates have the opportunity to review their own ability to perform effectively as an executive coach or mentor at a senior level, critically reviewing their communication skills, emotional intelligence and ability to build relationships in diverse environments and developing a personal profile that illustrates their coaching approach.
Please note that this course will also fully embed the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Senior Practitioner Level Coach Competences and participants will be assessed against these. For those who wish to complete the EMCC EQA Programme, there will be an additional fee added to the course fees, further information can be provided from the course leader at the Provider. As the Certificate Level programme requires fewer coaching hours compared to the Level 7 Diploma, most participants on the Certificate programme will work towards the Practitioner Level EMCC Accreditation, unless prior coaching experience and practice can be evidenced and demonstrated.
What delegates can expect:
- To be challenged, have some fun, learn a lot and engage in thought-provoking learning opportunities!
- 12 interactive 'live' online training workshops, plus recorded sessions available
- Paired/Trio Coaching Groups
- Group supervision sessions (online)
- One-to-one supervision sessions (online/telephone)
- Training, supervision and tutorial support from qualified and highly experienced practicing coaches
- Access to online learning platform
- Access to the ‘closed’ online groups for delegates to collaborate outside of the formal learning environment
- Access to one-to-one tutorial support and guidance
- On-line assessment, support and feedback
- A minimum of 12 months membership of the Institute of Leadership & Management, bringing access to a wealth of resources to support their coaching and mentoring and leadership development.
- A copy of one of the core reading texts for the course (this will be supplied by Grow Development Solutions Ltd. following the first online workshop and delivered free of charge to your home/business address (U.K postage included))
Online 'LIVE' Training Workshops (Delivered over 12 sessions) - all sessions will be recorded for any delegates who are not available to attend all of the 'LIVE' sessions
Our next available course starts in April 2021. Workshop dates and times are below (all times are GMT):
- Welcome and Induction: 20th April 2021 @ 10.00-12.00
- Workshop 1: 22nd April 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 2: 29th April 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 3: 17th May 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 4: 25th May 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 5: 17th June 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 6: 23rd June 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 7: 12th July 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 8: 19th July 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 9: 10th August 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 10: 17th August 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 11: 9th September 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
- Workshop 12: 16th September 2021 @ 09.30-12.30
What previous delegates have said about our programmes:
“I want to thank you for delivering a first class programme that has given me the opportunity to develop my ability as a coach by raising my knowledge and skills and perhaps most significantly for me, has boosted my personal confidence in my day to day work”.
“Great delivery style and very knowledgeable trainers.”
“Thank you for your help and support on this course. It has been a brilliant experience!”
"Although we were studying online, the experience of the training was really efficient and useful. This training provider gave me a good foundation of good practice to help me develop myself professionally and as a coach. They definitely made every effort to equip us to gain a highly regarded qualification and there was also some flexibility to continue or extend my learning. I decided to continue from the Certificate to Diploma so that I could link in with the GROW team and extend my coaching experience with their support."
“I just want to thank you for your time on this course, I will be using this for the rest of my career as I have learned a lot from my time with you.”
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for senior leaders and managers or HR/OD professionals who want to develop their skills and credibility in coaching and mentoring.
The Level 7 Certificate is also aimed at those who are working as an in-house coach or those working as independent professional coaches, seeking to enhance and accredit their experience with a recognised qualification.
This programme is ideal for those who are in a position (and have the commitment) to coach at a senior level and to develop a coaching culture throughout their organisation.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements, we strongly recommend that delegates have a good level of education (at least a Level 5 qualification, or relevant experience) and are also able to undertake the required practical coaching and mentoring hours (20 hours for this qualification).
All delegates will require access to suitable IT resources (access to a laptop/PC) and an internet connection to be able to access the 'LIVE' online workshops.
Attending this course will support your career development as a coach and mentor and could increase your earning potential.
Successful delegates can also apply for professional accreditation with a recognised coaching membership body (e.g. the EMCC).
- ILM Level 7 Diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 7 Certificate or Diploma for Coaching Supervisors
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.