Global Management Academy Ltd
Comprising 5 online courses, the ILM Endorsed Effective Supervisor Program is designed to assist newly appointed front-line managers, or those preparing for management roles to quickly acquire the skills and knowledge with which to take control in their new roles. On completion, you will receive a certificate from the ILM (City and Guilds)
The Global Effective Supervisor Program comprises 5 online courses:
COURSE 1: EFFECTIVE SUPERVISION SKILLS (15 Hours)
- Understanding Management
- The Functions of Management
- Setting Team Goals
- Organizing Work
- Assigning Work
- Delegating Effectively
- Management Controls
- Giving Feedback
- Managing with Authority
COURSES 2: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS (15 Hours)
- Understanding Communication at work
- Overcoming Barriers to Communication
- Understanding Interpersonal Communication
- Understanding and using Para verbal Communication
- Developing your Speaking Skills
- Developing Effective questioning
- Improving your Influencing skills
- Developing your Listening Skills
- Shaping communication for maximum impact
- Knowing when to put it in writing
COURSE 3: TIME MANAGEMENT (15 hours)
- Understanding Time Management
- Prioritizing effectively
- Avoiding Time Traps
- Understanding Time Zones
- Controlling Email
- Setting Goals
- Prioritizing effectively
- Using your Planner
- Learning to take control
- Tackling Procrastination
- Dealing with Interruptions
- Crisis Management
COURSE 4: MANAGING EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (15 Hours)
- Understanding Performance Appraisal
- The Manager's Role in Performance Management
- Managing the Performance Review Meeting
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Employee Performance Planning
- Development Planning
- Competency Assessment
- Career Management
- Training Needs Identification
- Supporting Development
- Applying Recognition and Reward
- Managing Poor Performance
- Recognizing poor Performance
- Counseling and support
- Taking Disciplinary Action
COURSE 5: MANAGE EFFECTIVE WORKPLACE RELATIONSHIPS (15 hours)
- Managing Relationships
- Managing Diversity
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Building Trust and Respect
- Internal Communication – Managing Ideas and Information
- Using Feedback
- Resolving Workplace Conflict
TOTAL HOURS: 75
The program is delivered through
Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 6 months from the date of registration.
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Participants must complete all 5 of the courses in the program to qualify for the certificate.
- Each course takes 10 and 20 hours to complete
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
- All learners have automatic membership of the ILM for 6 months from the date of enrollment.
On completion of the program, all participants receive certification from the Institute of Leadership and Management, the leading management awards organization in Europe.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for newly appointed front-line managers, or those preparing for a management role.
There are no entry requirements for this program.
This program will help you develop your skills in managing people and grow your career in management.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.