London Governance & Compliance Academy
Add to basket or enquire
A key concern and significant risk for financial institutions remain the possibility of unknowingly becoming complicit in money laundering actions, where illegitimate money is moved into legitimate institutions. In order to mitigate such risk, FIs have strengthened their internal control systems by increasingly making use of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) requirements, as part of their anti-money laundering (AML) strategies.
About the Certificate
KYC/CDD is a critical element for effectively managing the risks posed by potential clients (thus protecting the organization against criminals, terrorists, and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) who might present a higher risk) and possible dubious actions by existing customers that need to be regularly reassessed.
This certificate course provides essential knowledge for KYC and CDD procedures which are key tools in assessing customer risk and a legal requirement to comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CFT) laws. Effective KYC/CDD involves knowing a customer’s identity and their financial activities, ongoing monitoring of business activities, and identifying and mitigating the AML/CFT risk a business relationship may pose on the regulated entity.
Expected Learning Outcomes
• Understand the importance of adopting effective KYC/CDD policies and procedures in a regulated entity
• Review international guidance on the essential elements of KYC standards and the applicable regulatory framework
• Have the ability to establish and maintain a solid CDD programme
• Successfully assess the different levels of due diligence that can be applied by an entity
• Efficiently deal with higher risk situations and cases in an effective manner
• Have a practical perspective on the adverse effects that can result from lack of efficient KYC/CDD procedures
• An introduction to KYC/Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
• The value of Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
• CDD: Establishing and maintaining a strong CDD programme
• CDD in higher risk situations and record keeping requirements
• AML Case Studies
• Register at any time for this online, open Certificate
• Study in your own time and at your own pace (you have up to 3 months to complete)
• Assessed by online multiple-choice exam
What is included
• 25 hours of self-paced online interactive learning including analysis of 7 practical case studies
• 1-year free IGCA membership
• Online Exam and IGCA Certificate
Who is this course for?
This course is addressed to all individuals who practice KYC, CDD as well as Anti-Money Laundering such as Compliance/AML Managers in Banks, Investment Firms, Investment Funds, Trust Service Corporate Providers and Lawyers.
No previous knowledge or experience is required though it is assumed that participants have good knowledge of English and sound educational background
Head of Back Office, Head of Customer Support, Compliance Assistant, Compliance Officer, AML Officer, MLRO
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can reed assist with finding a job position after completing the IGCA certification in KYC
Dear Paidamoyo, Unfortunately, LGCA is in no position to answer questions on behalf of REED. You may want to address your question to the REED Support Team. We can confirm however that holding an IGCA Certificate does increase your chances of landing a good job position.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.