This course will give you the skills to plan, manage and evaluate digital marketing campaigns in social media, search marketing, email, affiliate and more. Get qualified and learn how to confidently integrate them with your wider marketing strategy. Equivalent to Level 6 qualification (Bachelor’s Degree).
During your Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing, you will learn to:
- Plan the introduction of digital technologies and techniques for marketing that supports business objectives
- Apply the key technologies, tools and techniques of digital marketing to improve marketing effectiveness
- Identify the potential application of online marketing channels within the marketing communications mix
- Continuously improve the contribution of digital technologies to your organisation
This course replaces the Professional Diploma in Data Driven
At the IDM we are always looking to help you stay ahead of the game, for this reason we have integrated all of the learnings from the data-driven courses into our digital courses. This is to support you in the current marketing environment where all marketing should be data driven in the digital world we operate in.
Intensive – Central London
2 x 3 day face-to-face sessions which take place at the IDM offices in Central London. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Day-release - Central London
6 x 1 day face-to-face sessions which take place in Central London. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials.
This programme is the equivalent to a level 6 qualification or to bachelor’s degree level and is made up of 16 modules.
Module 1: How digital continues to transform the role of marketing in business
Learning objective: Understanding the key factors that drive the growth and impact of digital marketing on customer experience.
- How digital marketing continues to redefine our ability to target and connect with customers
- Why developing real-time engagement is changing the role of marketing and marketers
- The importance of building mutually beneficial relationships with customers
- How digital transformation will shape the business of the future
- Uncovering the essential attributes of core digital channels:
- SEO that supports brand activation
- PPC that optimises conversion opportunities
- Social channels that engage every moment of the customer journey
- Display advertising that builds brand awareness and drives conversions
- Mobile marketing that supports contextual and personal engagement
- Affiliate Networks that extend reach through individual intermediaries and comparison websites
- Email that maximises the lifetime value of customers
Module 2: How understanding consumer preference and behaviour helps us to be better digital marketers
Learning objective: Understanding how consumers make purchasing decisions is the key to optimal targeting and proposition development.
- How different sources of primary and secondary data help us to understand the characteristics of consumers in the digital marketplace
- How and when to use quantitative and qualitative customer research to deepen prospecting and targeting insights
- To use analytics reports to improve targeting options and identify the key drivers of response
- How developing Personas helps digital marketers generate actionable insights that improve the planning process
Module 3: Understanding the fundamental importance of Search Engine Marketing to digital marketing
Learning objective: Understand how SEM (SEO and PPC) plays a vital role in building brand engagement and sales opportunities at all points on the pathway to purchase.
- How search engine marketing (SEM) works across the customer journey
- How to build keyword strategies that drive optimised organic search results on a landing page by landing page basis
- The importance of indexing content and developing comprehensive and link partnerships to improve rankings
- Using the keyword optimising power of Pay Per Click (PPC) to drive sales
- How to set up and manage PPC accounts to optimise campaign performance
- Using analytics to continually improve SEM performance
Module 4: Extending the reach of digital marketing campaigns through Affiliate Marketing
Learning objective: Develop an understanding of the affiliate channel, technologies, remuneration models and controls needed.
- How affiliate marketing extends campaign reach, improves performance and delivers transparent campaign attribution
- How individual affiliates, publishers and affiliate networks use technology to deliver measurable customer experiences
- How to evaluate key performance indicators of competing affiliate networks
- The cost and commission structures of affiliates and affiliate networks
- How collaborative work practices and continuous network assessment helps maintain affiliate marketing’s exceptional ROI levels
Module 5: How Display Advertising builds awareness and generates efficient conversion opportunities for digital marketers
Learning objective: Understanding how channel preference, media research, targeting systems and ad-serving technology combine to build brands and drive sales efficiency.
- How real-time bidding and programmatic technology platforms help advertisers, publishers and consumers connect in real-time
- The importance of a focused display advertising strategy
- To explore the wide range of targeting options across different display networks
- To evaluate best practice inventory investment and bidding strategies
- Developing contextually relevant, original and impactful display ad creative
- How to ensure your advertising campaign management is efficient and accountable
Module 6: How efficient and practical planning processes build optimal digital marketing campaigns
Learning objective: Understand how successful digital marketing campaigns are driven by tried and tested planning frameworks that help us explore market conditions, develop actionable responses to surfaced insights and define success
- How conducting a 12-point situation analysis helps us build a solid foundation for digital marketing plans
- Why SMART objectives are tested against allowable marketing cost
- How strategy helps us to improve the quality of targeting and customer engagement on the increasingly complex pathway to purchase
- How a wide range of customer and business variables drive tactical channel selection
- How inspirational creative and informative content improve campaign performance
- Why every successful digital marketing campaign is built around a detailed timing and action plan
- How practical budgeting, benchmark analysis and forecasting processes help you assess the potential of your digital marketing plans prior to delivery
Module 7: Developing digital marketing propositions, ideas and creative that inspire target audiences
Learning objective: To understand how customer insights and creative ideas combine to develop inspirational digital marketing campaigns.
- How customer insight can be used to inspire creative that works across digital and physical channels
- The factors that define memorable digital creative ideas at both the strategic and tactical level
- The way specific objectives and targeting options shape campaign executions
- The critical importance of in-depth customer research and segmentation strategies to powerful propositions development
- How to develop informative and inspirational digital creative briefs that improve the quality of work and improve workflow
- How to evaluate and respond to digital creative ideas and concepts with impartial and constructive objectivity
Module 8: Developing a data acquisition and management strategy that is an integral part of digital campaign planning and delivery
Learning objective: Understand how technology helps us collect, evaluate and report on the quantitative and qualitative data that supports our digital marketing decisions
- How data-driven decisions improve the way we reach, engage, convert, retain and grow our customer base
- The four Vs of Big Data
- How to map customer contact and data points
- And evaluate the four types of customer data
- Data for customer profiles
- How Data Management Platforms work
- How to use databases, data modelling and data mining to surface RFV segmentation and Lifetime Value insights
- How developing Single Customer View supports Customer experience
For the full syllabus visit the IDM website
Who is this course for?
Choose the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing to lead on the management, implementation and evaluation of digital campaigns
This qualification is aimed at experienced marketers looking to gain a more strategic understanding of the scope of digital marketing, ideal for marketing professionals who wish to advance their current digital marketing skill set. Enhance knowledge and ultimately your career prospects with this highly regarded qualification and impress employers with your range of knowledge and skills.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.