Add to basket or enquire
For those who are new to the profession, or to direct mail, our Award in Direct Mail will give you the skills to plan, create and implement direct mail as part of a wider integrated marketing campaign.
During your Qualification in Direct Mail, you will learn to:
- Create and execute direct mail as part of an integrated marketing campaign
- Understand the role of direct mail in the multichannel marketplace
- Plan, create and implement a direct mail campaign from creative through to production and evaluation
Module 1: Direct mail and its place in the media landscape
- Understand the development of direct mail and its place in the history of marketing
- Identify the features that contribute to making direct mail uniquely powerful
- Appreciate the strengths of direct mail and the role it plays at different points in the customer journey
Module 2: Planning for direct mail
- Understand and evaluate your marketplace
- Develop a business case for direct mail
- Be able to set goals and formulate budgets
Module 3: Defining your customers
- Identify why targeting is central to the planning of your direct mail campaign
- Be able to pinpoint the right target audience for a given campaign
- Assess how to use audience information to refine a campaign
Module 4: Databases and lists
- Know how best to maintain your customer data in-house
- Identify what data you need to capture in order to communicate with your target audience
- Be able to select and buy quality/reputable external mailing list data
Module 5: Creative
- Develop an awareness of the formal approaches to generating good creative
- Understand the basic principles of good copywriting and design
- Be able to put together a creative brief and evaluate it
Module 6: Production
- Be aware of the key processes involved in the physical delivery of direct mail
- Understand the different formats and materials and what can successfully be mailed
- Identify what represents ‘quality’ in respect of direct mail
- Assess what is needed at each stage in the direct mail production process
- Be able to confidently brief stakeholders at each stage in the process and evaluate briefs produced by others
Module 7: Evaluating your campaign
- Identify the role of testing and analysis in developing direct mail
- Be aware of the basic principles involved in testing
- Understand the infrastructure requirements in developing a successful testing programme
- Identify basic benchmarking skills
Module 8: The law and social expectation
- Understand how direct mail operates, with a detailed introduction to the GDPR
Module 9: Integration
- Assess the comparative strengths of a range of media
- Understand how to approach planning and buying as part of an integrated campaign
Module 10: Direct mail ‘Hall of Fame’
- Be aware of how some direct mail campaigns have achieved success
- Identify how various marketing tools and techniques are used to enhance direct mail campaigns and achieve positive response/sales
- Consider existing creative approaches that make direct mail a welcome and enjoyable experience for the recipient
Who is this course for?
Learn the principles of Direct Mail and build effective campaigns to grow your business.
This programme is designed for those who are new to the marketing profession and provides delegates with the principles in best practice to support your career development within direct marketing.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.