The IDM Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is equivalent to a Level 6, Bachelor's Degree qualification.
Discover how to apply key digital technologies, tools and techniques and successfully integrate them within the overall marketing mix to meet your objectives.
During your Diploma in Digital Marketing, you will learn to:
- Plan the introduction of digital technologies and techniques for marketing that support business objectives
- Apply the key technologies, tools and techniques of digital marketing to improve marketing effectiveness
- Identify the potential application of online marketing tools within the marketing communications mix
- Continuously improve the contribution of digital technologies to your organisation
Enquire to receive a prospectus
This programme is the equivalent to a level 6 qualification or to bachelor’s degree level and is made up of 16 modules. You will also be required to complete 2 individual assignments and sit 2 exams.
Module 1: The digital marketing landscape
Learning objective: To assess the relevance of digital marketing to an organisation and its markets.
- Understand the role of digital in relation to brand and direct marketing contexts
- Appreciate the forces that continue to influence the development of digital marketing
- Develop a basic understanding of how key digital channels work
Module 2: Understanding the digital customer
Learning objective: Understand research approaches to determine the characteristics and buyer behaviour of consumers.
- Learn about the various sources of data and information
- Assess the different ways and approaches to carrying out customer research including quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Review the data available from third-party information suppliers
- Site-centric data: principles of web analytics and other methods of evaluating online customers
Module 3: Data and database applications
Learning objective: Data drives digital marketing. The outcome is to appreciate the major issues in collecting, managing, storing and using customer data within digital marketing.
- Understand the complexities of customer contact and behavioural data and data quality management
- Databases and channel integration
- Profiling, segmentation and targeting
- Data mining and data modelling
Module 4: Planning and integrating digital marketing campaigns
Learning objective: To define a structured approach to planning for digital marketing and to understand the key planning differences between acquisition and retention marketing.
- To define a structured approach to planning for digital marketing
- Creating a digital marketing plan
- Objective setting
- Targeting strategy
- Creative offer and messaging
- Timing and integration issues
- Media planning and selection
- Budgeting and Lifetime Value (LTV) modelling
Module 5: Principles of website design: Customer experience and usability
Learning objective: Understand the technologies and user-centred design processes needed for successful websites.
- Principles of the customer experience (UX)
- What is user-centred design?
- Best practice methodologies
- Sitemaps and wireframes
- User testing
Module 6: Social media
Learning objective: Develop an understanding of how social media channels can be used to engage and influence customer conversations and interactions.
- Understanding social media in context
- Developing a social media communications strategy
- Using social media listening to understand customer preferences and competitor activities
- Understanding and using influence
- Which social media platforms to use and why (and how)
- Choosing and using monitoring tools and dashboards to optimise social media marketing
Module 7: Search engine marketing
Learning objective: Explain best practice for the search engine marketing channel including techniques for implementing natural and paid SEM.
- An introduction to Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Importance of integrated SEM
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Keyword analysis
- Indexing content
- Improving rankings
- Developing link partnerships
- Pay Per Click marketing (PPC)
- Campaign setup
- Ongoing management
- Performance monitoring
Module 8: Display advertising
Learning objective: Understanding online advertising, formats, technologies, ad-servers and media buying models together with controls needed to effectively deliver results.
- An introduction to online digital display advertising
- Setting online ad campaign objectives
- Targeting options for online advertising
- Creating a display advertising media schedule
- Developing display ad creative
- Optimising your online display ad campaign
- Engagement and integration
- Campaign management issues and best practice
Module 9: Content marketing
Learning objective: Understanding the role of content marketing and how to develop a successful content strategy.
- Principles behind content marketing
- Elements of a successful content marketing strategy
- Creating valuable content
- Content planning
- Measuring and demonstrating the success of your content marketing activities
Module 10: Mobile marketing
Learning objective: Understanding the mobile landscape marketing applications and regulatory controls needed.
- Understand what mobile marketing is
- Understand how to develop a mobile marketing strategy
- Assess the influence of mobile marketing on customer behaviour
- Understand the role of mobile marketing across the customer journey
- Assess the importance of immediacy
- Understand how to plan for cross-channel and multi-device engagement
- Identify the types of ROI models
- Assess how to measure and demonstrate the success of mobile marketing activities
Module 11: Affiliate marketing
Learning objective: Develop an understanding of the affiliate channel, technologies, remuneration models and controls needed.
- An introduction to affiliate marketing
- Affiliate programme network service options
- Affiliate programme performance indicators and costs
- Planning issues for your affiliate marketing programme
- Affiliate selection, recruitment and relationship building
- Managing your affiliate marketing programme
- Assessing affiliate performance
Module 12: Email marketing
Learning objective: Understanding the relevant technologies, marketing application and regulatory controls needed to deliver results.
- Basic components of email marketing
- Permissions in email marketing
- Acquiring names and email lists
- Key issues for email communications strategy
- Testing email for continuous improvement
Module 13: Producing great digital creative
Learning objective: To understand approaches to digital creative that are relevant, original and impactful.
- Characteristics of great online creative
- Generating and producing digital creative
- The different formats of digital advertising
- Brand building and integration
- Evaluating great digital creative
Module 14: Regulation, permission and codes of practice
Learning objective: To understand all aspects of law and codes governing digital marketers and digital marketing campaigns.
- How legal frameworks affect digital marketing practice
- Data protection and privacy legislation (including PECR and GDPR)
- ASA codes and preference services
Module 15: Controlling and optimising digital marketing campaigns
Learning objective: Approaches for measuring and improving web marketing performance onsite acquisition, conversion and retention.
- A holistic approach to optimising web activity
- Developing a framework for measurement
- Optimising acquisition, conversion and retention
Module 16: Emerging digital media
Learning objective: Develop an understanding of the opportunities for deploying emerging digital marketing media and techniques.
- Predicting the future of digital marketing
- Identifying the significant trends
- Your part in the future
Who is this course for?
Marketing communications professionals who implement or are involved with digital or multichannel marketing campaigns and need a grounding in digital tools as part of their job. It would also benefit those who want a broader understanding of what is required of digital channels.
This qualification is aimed at experienced marketers looking to gain a more strategic understanding of the scope of digital marketing, ideal for marketing professionals who wish to advance their current digital marketing skill set. Enhance knowledge and ultimately your career prospects with this highly regarded qualification and impress employers with your range of knowledge and skills.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.