Main course content
This course offers a fully accredited qualification recognised by Sage, the International Association of Book-Keepers, and very importantly; employers. Our small class sizes will guarantee you will receive one-to-one support throughout your time with us. Block study packages for work groups are also available to save on time and cost.
Main course content (Section 1 Payroll input):
- Process starters and leavers
- Produce reports and payslips
- Enter gross pay elements
- Process the payroll
- Run internal period end returns
- Back-up and update system
Main course content (Section 2 Payroll theory):
- Data security
- Organisational procedures
- Statutory requirements
- Final submission of data
- HMRC reporting
- Calculate gross pay including redundancy payments / unsocial hours etc.
- Apply rules to calculate Statutory payments
Main course content (Section 3 Statutory regulations)
- Understand the principles of PAYE and NI system
- Principles of student loans
- Principles of SSP/SMP/SAP/SPP
- Dealing with Attachment of Earnings orders
- HMRC reporting
- Period end procedures
- Termination of employment
- Data protection
- Employment rights
Cost includes: IAB registration and exam fee, all study resources, computer software and qualification certificate.
The course is not for the faint-hearted and requires dedication on your part to want to progress through the levels to where you need to be. It is, without question, a fact that qualifications in the field of payroll will open doors to earning very good salaries and future promotions.
On our part we will offer you excellent support throughout your studies from our dedicated team of tutors. Our aim is to watch you progress, and grow in confidence to succeed at all levels.
What we offer:
- Fully qualified tutors with current recognised teaching qualifications
- Accredited qualifications in Computerised Payroll
- Maximum of 6 students to each class to ensure individual support
- Access to the most current software
- A secure environment for learning
- Daytime and evening study options
- Three hour teaching sessions each week
- Additional one to one support, should it be needed
- All the resources required to achieve success
- Comfortable classrooms with access to refreshments
- Accessible premises on major public transport routes in Liverpool, and from around the North West.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to appeal to those students who have completed Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll. It will also offer an update of knowledge for those who may be returning to work in payroll, or need to update their current knowledge to a Level 2 standard.
Is this the right course for you?
Check through this list of questions and if you answer 6 or more with a Yes response then this may be the course for you.
Do you currently hold a level 1 qualification in Payroll?
Do you feel comfortable answering theoretical questions?
Would you like to acquire the skills and knowledge required to be employed as a senior payroll clerk?
Are you currently employed in a senior payroll position and require a qualification to support your work experience?
Are you returning to work in a payroll environment and need to refresh your computer skills and understanding of payroll at Level 2?
Would you like to change your existing work role in Payroll to encompass computerised payroll at Level 2?
Are you able to attend every session of the course?
Are you punctual?
Do you feel comfortable working with numbers?
Are you able to travel to the course premises without any difficulties?
The successful completion of the IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll would be an ideal qualification to support progression onto Level 2.
Length of course 15 weeks (including exam)
Study options Morning, afternoon or evening sessions
Duration of session 3 hours
Assessment method: Computerised Payroll examination ; Knowledge test
Should you already have a career in payroll and need to develop your skills further you will find that this qualification gives you a very good review of your payroll knowledge. It covers the requirements for a payroll assistant, or senior payroll assistant role. Salaries can range from £18,000 to £22,000 based upon experience and qualifications.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.