London School of Business and Communication
Add to basket or enquire
Discover how you can master the Human Resources essentials in 6 easy steps! One of our collaborators, the Human Resources Manager of an international transport company, told us once about what the skillful HR professionals have in common:
“In 25 years of working in this field, I’ve met many valuable Human Resources professionals and what they all have in common is the solid knowledge in 6 essentials activities of Human Resources:
2: Interviewing and Selection;
3: Procedures and Forms;
4: Integration and Career Plan;
5: Performance Evaluation;
6: Regulations and Discipline”.
The vast experience of the Human Resources professionals with whom we’ve closely worked on creating this online course proved that a proper functioning of these 6 components is the condition for a smooth running of the Human Resources activities within a company.
How can we ensure that? After more than 10 years of working closely with experienced human resources professionals, executive managers and business owners, we’ve eventually got the answer and we share it with you through this online course.
The Human Resources Best Practices Course contains only certified knowledge, endorsed techniques and valuable insider secrets revealed to you through a clear and concise content, relevant examples and captivating real case studies.
What separates the amazing Human Resources Professionals from the mediocre employees working in this field is their willingness to continuously improve their skills.
Enroll now and improve your skills by mastering the Human Resources essentials in 6 easy steps!
You will know how to:
- Recruit the right person for a specific job knowing what are the most relevant abilities, skills and competencies for that job
- Ask the right questions in order to get the most out of a job interview
- Properly use the situational, the behavioral interview and the star technique
- Use the under stress, the panel and the group interview
- Effectively test the candidates
- Insert the special clauses of mobility, non-competition and confidentiality
- Elaborate the structure of the job description and write the HR procedures
- Apply the induction steps to a new employee
- Effectively train the employees using the 6 main methods of internal training
- Elaborate more easily the career plan using real life certified methods to do it
- Properly define the performance criteria
- Effectively evaluate the employees using the management by objectives and the 360 degree feedback
…and so much more
What do I get from this Human Resources course?
- 147 course pages in a premium business magazine format that you can easily print
- 25 real life examples with extra knowledge from the most experienced professionals
- 12 high quality infographics that help you understand everything easier and quickly
- 19 real cases practical applications with role playing for easily putting into practice everything you learn
- Feedback for every answer and option you choose on the real cases practical applications
- Full Guidance & Support
- Graduation Certificate downloadable as pdf and optionally the printed version
Module 1 - How We Can Always Recruit the Best People for Our Company
1.1. A very important recruitment issue - the difference between abilities, skills and competencies
1.2. Case study for understanding the competencies requested for a Manager position
1.3. The key questions we ask ourselves when we want to hire a new employee
1.4. How to define the job requirements and the candidate profile - case study for Executive Secretary
1.5. How to prepare the job offer and with whom we must consult for it
Module 2 - Which Are the Concrete Steps for Conducting a Job Interview
2.1. How to prepare a successful interview
2.2. The magic questions used by HR professionals during the job interview
2.3. Using the situational and the behavioral interview, the star technique or the Skype interview
2.4. For what kind of jobs we use under stress, panel and group interview
2.5. What is the head-hunting and for what positions we can use it
2.6. How we can find out from a candidate testing what we could find in 10 hours of interview
2.7. When is the best time to discuss about special clauses: mobility, non-competition, confidentiality
Module 3 - How to work with the Procedures and the Forms Used in HR
3.1. How to communicate with the employees within the company
3.2. When we use memos, internal rules, weekly reports and decision notes
3.3. Practical rules for a better internal communication
3.4. How to organize the human resources department in 5 separated divisions
3.5. Why it is important to elaborate the internal organizational chart
3.6. Which are the mandatory and necessary job description items
3.7. Case study on the job description for Marketing Specialist
3.8. Case study on the job description for Internal Communication Assistant
3.9. How to write an HR procedure and what it actually comprises
3.10. Employment procedure model with immediate practical implementation
3.11. What are the forms and documents used in HR – the complete list
Module 4 - The Integration of the New Employees and the Career Plan
4.1. What is the induction of a new employee and why it is important for the company
4.2. How we go through the 3 integration steps of the new employee
4.3. How to establish the integration period for each job
4.4. What documents and information we provide for integrating the new employee
4.5. Who are the most indicated people to integrate the new employee
4.6. How to ensure the professional training of the new employee
4.7. How to identify the need for training and how to elaborate the employee training plan
4.8. The 6 methods used by large companies for the internal training of their employees
4.9. How to elaborate more easily the Career Plan by dividing it into 5 major motivations
4.10. 12 real life certified methods for employees’ career development
4.11. How to apply the organizational culture for developing the employees’ career
Module 5 - How to Evaluate the Performance of Human Resources
5.1. How to organize the evaluation activity and what objectives we have to pursue
5.2. How to set the objectives for human resources evaluation
5.3. How to define the performance criteria
5.4. What methods and tests we can use within the evaluation
5.5. How we can apply the evaluation method based on the behavior of the employee
5.6. What are the benefits of the management by objectives as an evaluation method
5.7. How to use the 360 degree feedback method to generate both feedback and solutions
5.8. How and when we should use the Assessment Centers
5.9. How to conduct the exit interview and which are its practical benefits
Module 6 - Regulations and Discipline at Work
6.1. What are the rights of the employee and the employer regarding discipline at work
6.2. How to create a good organizational climate
6.3. What contains the Internal Regulations Policy
6.4. What is the essential in the Code of Professional Conduct
6.5. Example - when the dress code can be imposed and what specific regulations it contains
6.6. How we can apply equity and non-discrimination in labor
6.7. What is the disciplinary offence and what are the specific sanctions we can apply
- high-end qualitycourses in a premium business magazine format with engaging and captivating content.
- instant access to up to date valuable knowledge from the industry leading experts, that you can put into practice straightaway.
- clear and concise language easy to understand no matter the complexity of the topic.
- real life case studies with role playing for smoothly putting into practice everything you learn.
- captivating infographics that help you understand everything easier and quickly.
- relaxed course schedule - you are free to organize your time as you wish and you can learn at your own pace 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- stress-free assessment methods - you can reattempt the course activities until you’re happy with the results.
- amazing customer service and administrative support from the moment you enroll until you complete your courses.
- certification - instant download your graduation certificate as pdf or get the official printed version.
- accessible learning – for many of our courses you don’t need previous experience or certain qualifications to enroll in.
- user friendly online learning platform – simple and easy to use for everyone.
How long will it take to complete my course?
The course takes 12 weeks and every week we recommend you to spend 3 to 5 hours learning and participating in your course activities, any day and time that suits you best.
How will I be assessed?
You can take all our courses even without being assessed. You decide how much you are willing to engage in your course. However, if you want to receive a certificate of completion, you have to get a pass mark (minimum 5/D) as a result of your participation in the course activities.
After each module, you will participate in real case simulations and practical applications in order to apply what you’ve just learned to actual real life situations. You will receive feedback for every solution you propose.
At the end you will attempt the final assessment in order to finish the course. Because the practical applications are the most important part in the learning process, the final assessment questions are quite easy to answer and the final assessment is only an official requirement, not a stressful exam. You don’t have to pay anything for the assessment.
Full Guidance & Support
When you enroll in a course with BigMainStreet, you will have a Tutor who will watch over your course progress and will send you notifications by phone or email whenever it will be necessary.
Who is this course for?
This Human Resources Best Practices Course is for:
Anyone who wants to start a career in Human Resources
HR professionals looking to enhance their knowledge and skills
Business owners who need to better manage their employees
No prior knowledge is necessary.
Can I find a job easier by graduating this course?
By enrolling in this course, you will take part in a superior professional training program designed by specialists in their fields and you will get the practical knowledge that will definitely help you differentiate from other competitors when you will apply for a job or for a promotion.
- There is no previous experience or qualifications required for enrollment on this course. It is available to all students aged 18 or over, of all academic backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of English language is required to attend this course.
- You’ll need a computer or tab with an internet connection.
This Human Resources Best Practices Course allows you to fulfill various roles, including:
Human Resources Assistant
Employee Relations Manager
HR Information Systems Manager
Human Resources Manager
Training & Development Manager
Labour Relations Manager
Senior HR Specialist
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.