Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Take control of your career.
This module provides the opportunity for learners to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and investigate a live, complex business issue from an HR perspective, to locate the work within the body of contemporary knowledge, to collect and analyse data, to derive supportable conclusions and to make practical and actionable recommendations for change, improvement or enhancement of current practice. The applied nature of the report requires a critical evaluative approach, empirical investigation and analysis and a combination of academic research and business report writing skills.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR
To achieve an Advanced Level Award in Human Resources, you need a total of15 credits. Each module delivered by ICS is worth 15 credits.
The Learning Outcomes for this module are shown below. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify and justify a business issue that is of strategic relevance to the organisation
- Critically analyse and discuss existing literature, contemporary HR policy and practice relevant to the chosen issue
- Compare and contrast the relative merits of different research methods and their relevance to different situations
- Undertake a systematic analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative information and present the results in a clear and consistent format
- Draw realistic and appropriate conclusions and make recommendations based on costed options
- Develop and present a persuasive business report
- Write a reflective account of what has been learned during the project and how this can be applied in the future.
Who is this course for?
The Advanced Level Award in Human Resources are for those who:
- Have the responsibility for HR decision-making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or a more strategic level
- Are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role, and are seeing to enhance and develop their career
- Have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- Are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals.
This is a Level 7 programme and requires a good level of HR experience.
If English is your second language, you'll need an IELTS 6.5 or ESOL Level 2 (or equivalent). If you don't have this, we'll review your case on an individual basis.
As all the modules form part of the Advanced level diploma, you can also use your award to work towards meeting the knowledge requirements for CIPD professional membership (Associate, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow) by taking additional modules to achieve a full Advanced level diploma.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Advanced Award in Human Resources.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.