HR Resourcing and Talent Planning | Intermediate Award CIPD Level 5
Interest-free payment plans available.
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
A fundamental part of the Human Resource (HR) Management role is concerned with the mobilisation of a workforce - taking responsibility for ensuring that the organisation is able to access the skills it needs at the time and in the places that it needs them to drive sustained organisation performance.
This involves attracting, retaining and, from time to time, managing the departure of staff from the organisation. Achieving this requires insight-driven strategic and operational activity.
You will be introduced to the strategic approaches that organisations take to anticipate and meet the talent needs of the organisation as well as techniques and practices that organisations use to resource the talent pool effectively.
You'll explore aspects of recruitment, selection, workforce planning, staff retention, succession planning, retirement, and dismissal processes. You'll learn how to optimise the management of these activities and which are the most effective in the context of diverse and distributed locations.
Structure of Qualification
To achieve an Intermediate Award in Human Resources, you need between 3 and 12 credits.
The Intermediate Award in Resourcing and Talent Planning is worth 6 credits.
By the end of the unit, you will be able to:
- Understand key contemporary labour market trends and their significance for different kinds of organisation and in different country contexts.
- Be able to undertake core talent-planning activities.
- Know how to contribute to the developing of resourcing strategies.
- Be able to manage recruitment and selection activities effectively and within the expectations of the law and good practice.
- Understand how to maximise employee retention.
- Know how to manage dismissal, redundancy and retirement effectively and lawfully.
Who is this course for?
The Intermediate Level Awards in Human Resources are ideal if:
- You aspire to work in HR or already work in HR and want to study a recognised undergraduate level qualification.
- You work in an HR support role and want to formalise your experience and progress your career by developing your knowledge and skills at a higher level.
This is a Level 5 programme and is equivalent in level to the second year of an undergraduate degree programme.
If English is your second language, you'll need an IELTS 6.5 or ESOL Level 2 (or equivalent). If you don't have this, we'll review your case on an individual basis.
As all the units form part of the Intermediate Certificate / Diploma in Human Resource Management, you can also use your Award to work towards earning CIPD professional membership by taking additional units to achieve the full Intermediate Certificate or Diploma.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Intermediate Award in Human Resources.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.